• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Nice one.....

I think no one can argue the FD2 is an awesome hard core focused car, but what a job Honda have done in offering the FK8 as a car almost as hardcore, almost as focused and just as fast but with a completely liveable day to day option should you require it....not to mention parts availability, warranty etc...

Nice one.....

I think no one can argue the FD2 is an awesome hard core focused car, but what a job Honda have done in offering the FK8 as a car almost as hardcore, almost as focused and just as fast but with a completely liveable day to day option should you require it....not to mention parts availability, warranty etc...

Yep completely agree. Other than the noise, I wouldn't have anything from the RR over my car. Weekend car/collectable would be a different argument of course.

I was very close to buying an FD2 but the lack of toys and parts made me go for a M200 instead. Turns out they couldn't get a bumper for it for 5 months when it was damaged, so I should've gone for an FD2 in hindsight!

Yep completely agree. Other than the noise, I wouldn't have anything from the RR over my car. Weekend car/collectable would be a different argument of course.

I was very close to buying an FD2 but the lack of toys and parts made me go for a M200 instead. Turns out they couldn't get a bumper for it for 5 months when it was damaged, so I should've gone for an FD2 in hindsight!

Plus the FK8 is basically just as exclusive these days, as I barely see any about :D

FD2 RR would be an awesome weekend toy though!

The wet weather handling continues to impress, went out with a group of chaps yesterday across a lot of decent B roads and some not so decent B roads in terms of fun and condition. Even with my fronts heavily worn and my delicate hand (consultant cleared me to drive) I had no issue keeping up with the FRS's or any of the other cars.

What I tend to do in the wet is select a higher gear than normal when entering and rely on the awesome traction through the bend, otherwise I tend to find the fronts spin up in 2nd and 3rd. It's a handful pulling away from a junction though.

makes you wonder why we don't see more of them on the road. my first car VIN ended ~275 for a August 2017 UK spec car. My replacement was ~4400 for a June 2018 car. So that's about 450 being sold a month / delivered to the UK market. we must be up-to 5000 cars by now and VIN plates >16000 ???

makes you wonder why we don't see more of them on the road. my first car VIN ended ~275 for a August 2017 UK spec car. My replacement was ~4400 for a June 2018 car. So that's about 450 being sold a month / delivered to the UK market. we must be up-to 5000 cars by now and VIN plates >16000 ???

I've seen one in 12 months on the road and one parked in a hotel car park, living up here most people drive SUV's. How ever I've done 2650 in 8 months, so don't help on the spotted front, my dealer has sold less than 10 in 12 months.

Off up to Scotland so will add another 1k mileage on Wednesday and Thursday.

My dealer usually has stock cars for sale that seem to hang around. I also noticed the FK8 has appeared on drivethedeal.com this week for the first time with just over 8% discount, so more like 9% before the broker's commission.

There is also an additional £500 discount for cash buyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wet weather handling continues to impress, went out with a group of chaps yesterday across a lot of decent B roads and some not so decent B roads in terms of fun and condition. Even with my fronts heavily worn and my delicate hand (consultant cleared me to drive) I had no issue keeping up with the FRS's or any of the other cars.

What I tend to do in the wet is select a higher gear than normal when entering and rely on the awesome traction through the bend, otherwise I tend to find the fronts spin up in 2nd and 3rd. It's a handful pulling away from a junction though.

Great to see you back in a car mate, and that you are taking it easy for your first runs out.....ish!!!!! Ha, love it, go hard or go home.

I don't think they are selling 450 a month in the UK....hells to the no. 450 a month globally maybe, but doesn't tie in with the VIN I know. I really think the UK market has struggled with its looks...which in some ways makes it all the more special. Weird as you couldn't move for breadvan ep3's from 2001!

I don't think they are selling 450 a month in the UK....hells to the no. 450 a month globally maybe, but doesn't tie in with the VIN I know. I really think the UK market has struggled with its looks...which in some ways makes it all the more special. Weird as you couldn't move for breadvan ep3's from 2001!

They were about half the price though!

Saw a black FK8 in the wild for he first time the other day, private plate ending YP.

It seems the £30K+ Civic is a rare beast in general. You can see why, unless you're a Honda/Jap enthusiast, saying you spent that on a Civic seems madness to the casual observer.

I do a fair bit of driving and I've seen one other FK8 and probably 4 FK2s in total.

Had my first service Monday where they failed to find my A Pillar rattle. I even pointed to the A Pillar, said that when you hold it the rattle stops and made a shaking of the A Pillar motion to re-enforce the point. Salesman who took the car in for me (he's trusted!) heard it all the way home so was not best pleased - especially as their 'investigation' drive was 16 miles to not find it.

Went back in at lunchtime yesterday as they did me a 'deal' on two new tyres. After an hour they were only just starting to investigate as it had taken them that long to fit the tyres. So I'm now going back next week for the rattle so they can have the car for another whole day. Honda customer service shocker!

What tyres did you go for Welshy?

16 miles - is that not taking the p155??? I am sure that the techies get a semi when they see us roll in to the dealer as they are so rare and they must have a 'paper, scissors, rock' to see who gets to drive it... do they think we are chumps though..grrrrrr

What tyres did you go for Welshy?

16 miles - is that not taking the p155??? I am sure that the techies get a semi when they see us roll in to the dealer as they are so rare and they must have a 'paper, scissors, rock' to see who gets to drive it... do they think we are chumps though..grrrrrr

Needed the fronts changing, so Conti Sport 6 to keep OEM and matching.

I was going to say something about the 16 miles, but my average MPG actually went up whilst they had it...! So I'll not bother, although I'll make the point next week that they really, really, REALLY don't need to go out again as we all know where the rattle is.

ok thanks, can you confirm they are the ones with the lip on the conti's? Couldn't get one for love nor money a month ago....wanna see if they have started making them again...

ok thanks, can you confirm they are the ones with the lip on the conti's? Couldn't get one for love nor money a month ago....wanna see if they have started making them again...

Just checked. Didn't know there was a difference until now. They definitely have a slightly smaller lip than the rears, but still overhang wheel so looks fine to me.

Back