• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

saw this, and thought what's the actual point, how much did he get paid for that, I must not get it...although sonic grey pearl is really growing on me...

I've been making enquiries to get my GF a new sonic grey fk8, best deal i was offered was £30,499 on a new one.

On the used market , dealers have them up at £24-25k so that's including their mark up. So guess they are being traded in at around 21-22k now.. at £30,499 i think we will go new (so get a full warranty). I've still got my Fk2r black edition but it's a keeper. The fk8 has grown on me, its definitely the best all rounder, but it is missing a hardcore edge. Perhaps a special edition will rectify that. Be interesting to see which set of keys get grabbed for a late night blast when both are available.....

I've been making enquiries to get my GF a new sonic grey fk8, best deal i was offered was £30,499 on a new one.

On the used market , dealers have them up at £24-25k so that's including their mark up. So guess they are being traded in at around 21-22k now.. at £30,499 i think we will go new (so get a full warranty). I've still got my Fk2r black edition but it's a keeper. The fk8 has grown on me, its definitely the best all rounder, but it is missing a hardcore edge. Perhaps a special edition will rectify that. Be interesting to see which set of keys get grabbed for a late night blast when both are available.....

You see I really don't get the hardcore edge bit, the FK2 is compromised due to being too firm, the FK8 has that nailed. Making a special edition 'more hardcore' will impact its driveability on the road and as such make it less attractive to the majority of owners, you only have to look at how few on here track them.

You see I really don't get the hard core edge bit, the FK2 is compromised due to being too firm, the FK8 has that nailed. Making a special edition 'more hardcore' will impact its driveability on the road and as such make it less attractive to the majority of owners, you only have to look at how few on here track them.

Tbf once you fit a Remus responder to the fk2 to give you type r throttle response with the standard ride firmness, it's not that firm at all. Mine's a daily , 500 miles a week when it's in use and the ride is not that compromised.

The fk2 was rightly criticised for having poor throttle response, so you end up putting it in type r mode, then the suspension is way too firm. Hence all the reviews of the car being too firm. A 120 quid remus sorts that.. I'm looking forward to giving the fk8 a good hammering when it arrives though.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd go new, see my "war and peace" posts on gearbox issues buying my first which was a 4k miles demonstrator. buyers remorse and all that, best thing about my brand-new FK8 is I know it's had a driver with a little mechanical sympathy who lets the car and gearbox get nicely warm before getting spirited rather than the old one that likely had more rides than the village bike and even more likely the odd test pilot who has literally jumped in it and nailed it straight from a cold start-up.

I'd go new, see my "war and peace" posts on gearbox issues buying my first which was a 4k miles demonstrator. buyers remorse and all that, best thing about my brand-new FK8 is I know it's had a driver with a little mechanical sympathy who lets the car and gearbox get nicely warm before getting spirited rather than the old one that likely had more rides than the village bike and even more likely the odd test pilot who has literally jumped in it and nailed it straight from a cold start-up.

By hook or ...

On the new Mini GP:

“That’s an interesting question which many people have asked,” says Jurgen Matz, who’s been working on the third-generation GP’s chassis. When we tell him our hunch is that it’s stuck to its front-driven roots, he says we’re “warm”, before confirming it by declaring the Civic Type R a key benchmark. “Some competitors know how to make good front-wheel-drive cars,” he says. “Some look ugly and are made in Japan but are good to drive.”

Pr1ck, missus' mini is going back now...:D

Yer new is the way we are gonna go. Can't inagine how painful it was claiming for a gear box. Took me 4 months of bitching to get 2 alloys replaced because they didnt paint the rear of spokes and they corroded. Other two are just starting to bubble so guess another painful few months are coming lol

Dream are just down the road luckily

It actually went up in price, but TDi were at the old price...Dream matched it so very happy

Back