• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

yeah I remember he is trying to move premises as well so cutting down on stored junk no doubt. Could do a honda scrap heap challenge in there...

Going to cut it and then give me a slip on bolt - if I give it back then I will deny all knowledge and say it came like that John...

How do exhaust modifications work with warranty/PCP arrangements? I could be tempted with a Remus. The lacklustre exhaust sound is one of my few gripes with the car

Finally chucked my Remus on at the weekend, be warned you may have to extend the positive wire of the Remus loom to get it to reach the boot lamp, you also have to grind the spot weld on the plate to fit the motor for the flap.

I found pairing the remote isn’t straight forward either.
You have to:
Hold the button on the back of the remote for a couple seconds.
Then within 10 seconds hold the button on the front till the light flashes red.
Press the white button in the sound controller box.
Then hold he button on he back of the remote whilst holding the button on the front.
The light should then go green and now be paired.

Other than that it was fairly straight forward other than opening up the ends of the pipes so they would slide in to each other.
Also the app password will be printed on the sound control box itself, I found mine on the on a sticker inside.

As for the exhaust, Flap closed sounds just like the original exhaust, open the flap and it’s not too loud but just gives the car a bit of a rumble at low revs, you can hear the the turbo whistling more too.
I’m enjoying it so far, i have the front pipe to go on at some point, with time constraints on Saturday i opted to just fit the main part of the system.
I’ll probably fit the front pipe when I decide on a downpipe and map etc.

I’ve kept the original exhaust for when it comes to part ex or a whatever I decide, it’s a massive one piece thing and pretty heavy too.
Fortunately I can get away with storing it at work for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
PcP is fine as long as you return it to stock if you're going to give it back. I gave them a bell on it.

Warranty is an absolute minefield but decided to enjoy my last year and a bit and cross that bridge when I come to it

I imagine that two years in you should be safe from any random defects in the engine. Question: if there is a recall for something engine related could they turn you down because of modifications? I would assume no, since the mod has no relation with the recall

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Possibly, I am not naïve and I am sure will be holding my breath come service time or recall as you say....but with Dream close (ok, not walking distance with an 10 ft exhaust) I have options...

And its only a catback, not meth injecting..!

I imagine that two years in you should be safe from any random defects in the engine. Question: if there is a recall for something engine related could they turn you down because of modifications? I would assume no, since the mod has no relation with the recall

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Recall is a recall, they have to carry out the work regardless. It's not like you are going to them with a claim while being modded ?

Spotted this morning.

1e821f5907eb92d45cf226aaff672f77.jpg

Was the front bumper the same as current? Can't see from that angle

there's something weird over the front chip-cutter grill part. they've still cut open a slot (for that beep-beep FK8 horn) but it doesn't look finished. also LHD - so is it HondaPro Jason's car over for the FKRR upgrade like TeamDynamics did? he was over recently driving the car but he hardly gave anything away from his drive of the car.

Hmmmm very interesting. Some heavy camo on that front fog surround, no drilled or even slotted front discs and I agree mirrors and roof are carbon surely...

Looking forward to the reveal whenever the hell that is....

So the person who took the picture didn't think to get a better angle

Instead, they took the picture at the most sh!tiest angle possible. Didn't bother to get a front view shot etc etc etc

GTFO!!!

There is nothing to see here!

I wonder how much saving those parts in carbon really bring though, especially when it comes to laptimes. Regardless, I am interested to see what else is changed on the exterior and if any more vents are made functional.

Back