• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I wonder how much saving those parts in carbon really bring though, especially when it comes to laptimes. Regardless, I am interested to see what else is changed on the exterior and if any more vents are made functional.

Very little, problem is the car is heavy so even shaving 50kg isn't going to make huge difference, but carbon roof is rather cool. I would like to see some lighter, smaller diameter wheels, improved braking set up, more aggressive LSD, pared back interior and a 100kg weight saving, now that would be a good buy!

I have been hassling my dealer about info on this car for months and they have no information.

Very little, problem is the car is heavy so even shaving 50kg isn't going to make huge difference, but carbon roof is rather cool. I would like to see some lighter, smaller diameter wheels, improved braking set up, more aggressive LSD, pared back interior and a 100kg weight saving, now that would be a good buy!

I have been hassling my dealer about info on this car for months and they have no information.

That would be very nice indeed, I am in the position where I can consider my next vehicle and the FK8 is one of those cars currently that I really want to like.. but just can't. Perhaps this "LCI" model will be able to convince me.

Looks epic in Yellow by the way!

Yeah the carbon roof would lower the COG which is always handy....I hate this word, but those wheels could be 'forged' so could be lighter than the OEMs...

The brake set up is strange though with solid discs and non floating hubs...in fact the whole wheel and brake set up looks like a Focus RS!

It's all lining up nicely for PCP hand over date ha...

The dealers will be the last to know. If you search my posts I have posted as much as I know and it's from an extremely reputable source.

The dealers will be the last to know. If you search my posts I have posted as much as I know and it's from an extremely reputable source.

In general I have found keeping in touch with dealer principal on potential new models increases your chance of getting a limited run car, yes I agree they are last to know but hope if it is limited I have a chance of getting one which I will if the spec is half decent.

So has anyone got the optional roof spoiler fitted?
I’m a bit on the fence about it and there doesn’t seem to be many pics around.
Dream have it fitted to their FK8 and a chap on one of the forums has it fitted to their red Fk8 from what I’ve seen so far.
Anyone got any pics of it on a black car?

Wasn't there something along the lines that the roof spoiler is actually only intended for the Sport? And that it ruins the air flow over the rear of the car and affects downforce performance on the boot spoiler of the R?

The sport seems to have a different spoiler from what I saw on google images, this one is even in the brochure for the R.
Air can flow below below it as it’s open, it’s seems to be doing alright on Dreams Car

Spotted this morning.

1e821f5907eb92d45cf226aaff672f77.jpg

What are peoples thoughts on price ? Im thinking £40k +
Carbon roof
Nsx wheels ?
Other carbon bits.
Suspension tweaks
Paint options
Maybe better brakes....

Last edited by a moderator:
£39,999 to keep it under the mark where the road tax goes up from i.e. £145 a year to £465 (for the first 5 years)

Wow looks like with all options RS Trophy could be 70k, expensive way to gain 4 seconds and guessing only way they could make a decent weight saving is ditching the much heralded 4ws and I think that is the problem with the FK8, I'm struggling to see how Honda can shave that much off with out going down the carbon ceramic route, ultra light weight wheels and ditching a lot of interior and tech.

Standard car or has it been modded? Hard to tell from the comments

Edit:
He’s posted now that’s its modded, around 400hp.
The open deck design is what worries me with these engines though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back