• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Official pics of the 10th gen have leaked before Geneva next week.

Not as wild as I was expecting but true to the concept

IMG_3776_zpsskmvax4t.png

IMG_3775_zps6rzuzva6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt they would be official "leaks" at the most you get a sneaky look of a corner of something or a pic of a car under cover.
Going by the FK2 release sneak peaks probably tomorrow night/Monday

IMG_3834_zpsib5igkep.jpg

Is that an FK2 spoiler on the back. Genuinely looks like it with a different mount. Lazy.

We basically had the test mule for this generation, from what we've seen so far you'll see quite a few resemblance, interior looks identical, same engine, alloys look the same rumoured 20" though, be interesting to see if they have a choice of alloys.
I think that's my issue with this car, it looks like it doesn't know what it is, an Fk2 jumble. I like some angles of the above picture but that rear honeycomb & 3 exits looks odd

We basically had the test mule for this generation, from what we've seen so far you'll see quite a few resemblance, interior looks identical, same engine, alloys look the same rumoured 20" though, be interesting to see if they have a choice of alloys.
I think that's my issue with this car, it looks like it doesn't know what it is, an Fk2 jumble. I like some angles of the above picture but that rear honeycomb & 3 exits looks odd

Agreed, it's evident the engine will be mostly the same. A chip, zorst and filter will see an extra 40bhp. Voila, ring time reobtained. It'll have plenty of fans but they'll make 10s of thousands of them so they'll never be 'special'.

I'm surprised they've not mentioned a ring time, its meant to be superior to the FK2 yet nothing on ring times, which makes me think there isn't one

I pass Swindon every day, so I'm used to seeing about 90000000 Civic's on the road and loads on transporters. I saw something this morning though on the back of a transporter, and I'm fairly certain it was the new shape CTR. Are they now uncovered? It looked like the Sport a little bit but had an FK2 style spoiler on the back of it and red edges around the wheels. Or maybe it was the FK2 special edition? However all the other Civic's on there were the new shape. Also saw the new shape on the road yesterday near Swindon.

Have seen a ton of new shape Civic Sports around Reading areas in the last week. And i know why. Peak times, roughly 8am, 5-or-more new shape Civics pour out of Reading Honda driven by salesmen and go cruising. No better advertising than seeing them on the road i suppose. probably goes on all day.

I've heard this is regular dealership practice. Fiat did it with the 124 Spider when that came out.

Just changes for changes sake i feel. This new 10g R reminds me of the EP3 transitioning to FN2 saga. Only 10 more powers but basically same engine is very familiar. Undoubtable the 10g will be an all round better and more grown up car than the FK2 but will it be a better enthusiasts car?!?!?....
.... Like the first reviews of the FN2 came back with generalisations that it was more grown up than the EP3, but the EP3 was the better drivers car. I think history will repeat itself with this new car vs the FK2.

Just watched a walk around video of the new one. Did I really just see an electric parking brake? I hate those things.

Just changes for changes sake i feel. This new 10g R reminds me of the EP3 transitioning to FN2 saga. Only 10 more powers but basically same engine is very familiar. Undoubtable the 10g will be an all round better and more grown up car than the FK2 but will it be a better enthusiasts car?!?!?....
.... Like the first reviews of the FN2 came back with generalisations that it was more grown up than the EP3, but the EP3 was the better drivers car. I think history will repeat itself with this new car vs the FK2.

I full agree with your comment. I went from EP3 to FN2 and it was a big mistake. Now, I´ll not repeat such mistake. I fell happy enough with the FK2. The 10 is only for USA market.

Just watched a walk around video of the new one. Did I really just see an electric parking brake? I hate those things.

I think it does, there was pictures floating around a few wks ago showing the interior.

I'm not keen looking at this picture, not sure if it's the angle but the bonnet scoop looks like it's been tamed down

So if the engine is the same in the new car, that would surely mean mapping / tuning options filtering back for the FK2?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back