• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' Nissan Stagea S2 RS Four S - Steve

I guess if they had sold it here the likes of the 5 Series, E Class Merc's etc would have been up against it too.

I would be surprised if that was the case, the majority of buyers in the market for something German wouldn't look twice at a Nissan.

As a public schoolboy in the 90s, the car parks were full of Mercs, BMWs, Audis and Volvos. None of the parents would have even glanced at the Nissan.

They were aimed at a completely different market back then, in 1997 aircon was still an option on a £30k C-class. It's only in the last 10 years or so that the Germans aimed at the everyday man, with the aid of PCP/finance and marketing incentives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, I still think it would have done well amongst the pesants of the population haha!

Nothing too exciting here, just gave Steve a good clean at the weekend, here's a few photos.

Been and done my first mod on Steve, a nice shiny decat pipe! :D

Already burbles, pops and bangs more, sounds so good!

My mate had the trip RS4 s2 now last week he just picked up an rs4-s like your in the same colour ive had a shot of it and its awesome cool car mate

Small update, too busy hooning to be honest! :lol:

Bit of a facelift for Steve, painted the grill, the Unicorn badge and polished up the headlights :)

haha love the double unicorn paint :lol:

Careful on the decat dude, Rod at RB motorsport told me not to decat the GTR without a remap due to a tendancy to overboost. Not sure on RB25s but I would certainly err on the side of caution!

Apexi power FC or a Link g4 seemed to be the popular choices but they're not cheap :(

In between this and Mechanical Stig's boosted V8 swap, my interest is growing. Would have to be manual and with the R34 front end though, and I suspect I've got as much luck as finding a needle in some unicorn poop there.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a 34'd stag for sale on GTROC a couple years back, so they do appear once in a while. Took me over 2 years to find a b16 mini...

Or a 35 front end:

1b60196cc4514d5e6b8107d57b4a95f2.jpg

Been a while since anything has changed with Steve but here are two of the big upgrades I've been meaning to do for a while!

Meister R suspension along with R33 GTR front and rear brakes!

Rear discs aren't my choice, but have life in them so going to run with them for now and replace with blanks in the future.

Ride is lovely and compliant! Brakes are much better than OEM.

Back