• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Deposit down!

Hi All, new to the forum!

So deposit has been paid for the new Type R today. I share all your concerns on the looks – definitely a 1 am bird you chat up in the kebab shop at the moment, but hopefully with seeing it in the flesh (or another couple of pints) she will be a good’un.

It was a toss-up between this and a Mk3 Focus RS. I have a Mk1 RS at the moment, and love the RS’s, but also had an EP3 over ten years ago now and loved that. For me the RS looks too tame, its extra power cancelled out by its weight and yes although better traction, can’t see myself drifting on the way to asda too much. The type r is properly over the top looking which satisfies my inner chav, and if it is as agile and exciting as the FK2 to drive, should be on to a winner.

Only reservation was tuning potential like the MP375 kit available on the focus. It would be great if Mugen or another 'did a Mountune' and had warranty friendly upgrades available

Be interested to hear if anyone else needs glasses…I mean has put a deposit down.

Nice one. Look forward to seeing them in the flesh. I will hopefully get a chance to have a play with one on me next service.

If you haven't already driven an FK2, you really need to goto Honda and test drive one.
Considering the engine, gearbox and brakes are kinda the same i'm sure it'll give you a rough idea what the FK8 will feel like to drive. It'll also give you a semi.

I plan on taking a test-drive when the FK8 is available. I cant afford one, i've only just bought an FK2 second hand, but i'll do it anyway for s**ts n' giggles.

Yes I drove a FK2 this month, lots of ex demos at ok prices (granted ragged to death no doubt) but knew the Geneva reveal was coming so held on. It was awesome so if new one is same weight-ish, with the independent rear suspension etc, should be a good steer.

In Watford Mike.H - Regular at the Ford Shows, so will have to look up what's, what for Japanese Marques...

Yes I drove a FK2 this month, lots of ex demos at ok prices (granted ragged to death no doubt) but knew the Geneva reveal was coming so held on. It was awesome so if new one is same weight-ish, with the independent rear suspension etc, should be a good steer.

In Watford Mike.H - Regular at the Ford Shows, so will have to look up what's, what for Japanese Marques...
You're lucky you're in Watford. Dream Automotive are just down the road in Bushey

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You're lucky you're in Watford. Dream Automotive are just down the road in Bushey

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Or just take a brand new £32k + car to Honda for any servicing/work? :lol:

So call yesterday from Honda which was much quicker than expected, need to put my spec in and what colour and make a firm order to Honda HQ to guarantee a car between Aug-Sep 17. If I didn't it would 'probably be 12 months' wait as they have had so much demand already which ok, its a global car now all being made in the UK, so maybe...with a dash of salesman BS. They have no details only that there will be a standard and a GT as before, so went for the GT in Championship White for now. They have that flat looking grey which is actually metallic apparently, but looks like primer from a distance. I must admit I really like it on the audis RS3/6 Octavia VRS, especially set off against the red calliper's and detailing.

we shall see...

Congrats man.

If Honda asked you to put your spec in, does that mean they gave you a list of spec options and accessorie packs to choose from?... If so what are they?
Or at this time was it just 'Do you want GT or Non-GT spec sir'.

Exciting times.

Cheers BSB. No they have no idea on spec, options, packs etc, just if you want a GT or Standard. Dealer said they provided feedback when asked after FK2 sales finished to scrap Standard vs GT, as hardly anyone ordered standard, but it helps the comparison list price argument I am sure! 'Starts from £30K" etc

Cheers BSB. No they have no idea on spec, options, packs etc, just if you want a GT or Standard. Dealer said they provided feedback when asked after FK2 sales finished to scrap Standard vs GT, as hardly anyone ordered standard, but it helps the comparison list price argument I am sure! 'Starts from £30K" etc

Exactly, non-GT is purely for marketing purposes.

Saw a photo of what I can only assume to be a noddy model of the new Civic in that horrible looking 'light grey' and thought ewwwww.

Seen the photo of the new Type R, I'm not sold on it but then I wasn't on the FK2 either, but seeing one on track was impressive!

I've put my GT Spec order in too. They have no idea of specs, price or delivery dates yet so winging it a bit. Subaru Sti and Evo driver for the last 20 years so I hope I'm not disappointed. Surely I won't be!!! I fancied something a little different this time round and this car looks awesome on paper :)

Just read the Honda email, production to start in July, later part of the yr then for deliveries?

Back