• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Deposit down!

Not that good. Its the same material but sown type r rather than metal. What a rip of even at the cheaper price . id be fuming if i had paid full price

Just had a look on cox Honda, accessories only at the minute but good savings to be had already.

I made the mistake of paying full price by pre-ordering optionals and it was months after ownership before the optionals were actually made available and by then cox had slashed the prices.
Careful curbing the alloys on this model it's over 500 an alloy

You wouldn't buy a new alloy for a scrape! Plenty of refurbishers doing an excellent job nowadays.

Not recommended on these alloys I'm afraid, they're a magnesium based alloy.
Honda released something back in 2015, maybe possible but I doubt any ol refurber will attempt it

Last edited by a moderator:
Not recommended on these alloys I'm afraid, they're a magnesium based alloy.
Honda released something back in 2015, maybe possible but I doubt any ol refurber will attempt it
Ah, I might go for the dealer alloy insurance. £210 for 3years with interest free 10months.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Neither does my dealer offer Alloy Wheel Insurance, or so i was told when i bought my FK2, no dealers offer Alloy Wheel Insurance on Type R's anymore.
Possibly lies, but....

I was told that when the FK2 was released Honda offered the insurance but due to the number of claims and the difficulty in refurbing Type R alloy wheels, Honda just replaced the wheels when they got damaged so Honda where loosing so much money offering the scheme they cancelled it.

I had to sign a waiver when i bought my FK2 stating the reason why i had been denied Alloy Wheel Insurance had been explained and i that i had agreed to accept the car without it.

It's gotta be the red pin stripe which must be an absolute ache of ball to blend with to or re-do completely

Bus to the kerb it is then.....

If i ever heavily kerbed two wheels at the same time. I'd buy aftermarket alloys and replace all 4. Sell the remaining two to reclaim some coin. Probably be the same cost all in.

I've purchased new & it's definitely aluminum/magnesium based, it was labeled on the box, I'll have a look in the attic later

Back