• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Servicing

Wtf has it got to do with you what i spend my money on ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Okay sweetheart, do what you want. You know, I was just offering an opinion, which is what forums are for.

Anyway, be right back, just off to throw £95 at a tramp.

It's been said a few times that changing the gearbox oil early improves the shifts, I don't know if they're now using a different grade or it's just contaminated from run in

It's been said a few times that changing the gearbox oil early improves the shifts, I don't know if they're now using a different grade or it's just contaminated from run in

That's a valid point. I wonder if there's any link with the gearbox failures that have been happening.

It has nothing to do with any of us, obviously it's up to you if you waste your money on unneeded maintenance. But honestly the maintence schedule is there for a reason. Unless you're tracking your car 2-3 times a week there's no need to not stick to the schedule which Honda have specifically made for the FK2.

There the ones who made the car and know what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the advice but i have always changed gearbox oil and all fluids every 20k or 2 years on all my cars i have ever had. FD2, Evo's , subauru's, nissans.. My FK2 is on 16k and coming up to 2 year old..
So i guess i have wasted loads of money ( never had a gearbox failure though) Lol!
Advice taken on board Chris and i will think of you chaps when im wasting more money on my pride and joy!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine had its first service at 6k miles when the previous owner owned it (February this year) engine oil was changed again at approx 7500 in April , just because I always get the oil changed when I get a new car .. I plan on getting the oil dropped again before October when I revisit spa.. fortunately the dealership the car came from opted out of the a/b schedule which suits me ; so it will go in for one annually. However, I will get an oil change done every 6 months / 4000 miles.

Currently mine is on 10,200 ish miles.

I wonder if the fk8 will follow an annual service plan rather than all these interim services...?

ef5f0e6bc451a19f2e2f32e759ae1551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I’ve just spoken to Honda and they have said the service interval on the FK2 Type-R is every 12 months or 12500 miles and is not based upon a variable servicing window…..can anyone confirm if this is correct?
I only use the car at weekends and I don’t do more than 3000 miles a year.

Hi All,

I’ve just spoken to Honda and they have said the service interval on the FK2 Type-R is every 12 months or 12500 miles and is not based upon a variable servicing window…..can anyone confirm if this is correct?
I only use the car at weekends and I don’t do more than 3000 miles a year.

If on variable you should be seeing a numbered service reminder,

If you're seeing A or B only with the mileage counting down then the car is on a yearly service

svrs.JPG

The service schedule on an fk2 should be on variable, it was basically a big balls up from the get go, dealers weren't activating the system or dealers weren't being told to activate the system, either way they definitely should be activated unless the original customer gave the all clear to be on a yearly service reminder, dealer then had to sign the page in the service book to confirm the car isn't on variable (picture on the previous page showing this)

Xtreme clutch INBOUND!
download_4_large_a5a093a4-513a-46df-8d93-326a3987e9c7.jpg

should fix my ongoing gear shift issue. booked in in a week, dealer for upto 2 weeks as they strip gearbox (possible 2nd gear synchro issue), so hopefully an outcome in about 3 weeks.
clutch is either dead again (will be 2nd clutch replacement in 2yrs11months) and i dont want another one to fail in 18months time, or the gearbox is out anyway so why not change clutch...

I sent an email to Honda regards the service interval.....below is the response I received.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

We recommend having the service every year/12.500 miles as per schedule. We have to advise that you follow the service schedule recommended from the dealership at least for the next 3 years. Not following the schedule might also invalidate the manufacturers warranty on your vehicle which is 3 years form first registration date.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.
Kind Regards,
Konstantin Grozev
Honda Customer Service

and i run about 10months/7k miles before the service light comes on - certainly not a 12k/1yr pattern. I only get the A-B but not the 1-9 figures. service book is unstamped so should be on vSVC.
ignorance is bliss... car gets attention when the light comes on :D

edit: noticed my last post - no idea why it's in here - must of been must of clicked the wrong thread :S

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a yearly service and also when the car tells me it need a o r. All included in the plan. There's 2 sections on the service book

Back