• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Servicing

It means you have 5600 miles left before an oil & filter change is needed (pending on driving style) it might take you to 1yr like it did with me

It was £555 up to 8mths from new, there after you can choose to have a tailored service plan.
I opted out of the offer as there was to much confusion at the time,
It may not be linked but I find I get looked after a bit better & I get a detailed receipt which shows I'm getting the castrol 0w20 oil that Honda recommended, I've heard of owners on the service plan not getting the castrol but something on par

It was £555 up to 8mths from new, there after you can choose to have a tailored service plan.
I opted out of the offer as there was to much confusion at the time,
It may not be linked but I find I get looked after a bit better & I get a detailed receipt which shows I'm getting the castrol 0w20 oil that Honda recommended, I've heard of owners on the service plan not getting the castrol but something on par

Before I got mine, 3 separate dealers told me it was £555 when ordered with a new car but £895 after that. It seems there's not just confusion over the plan but also over its pricing, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
My cars gone in for, what the dashboard message declares, as an A service today at 23,000 miles.
However, according to the Honda dealers records its an AB2 service required.
I assume that to be a full service (A) with a check-up (B) and as its the second full service (2). Sound about right? Been told its included in 555 so i ain't paying diddly.

IMG_6495_zpsdtyygrvo.jpg

This is a typo, right???? :shock::shock:

I didn't pay this, AB2 service was covered using 555.

That's a safety inspection sheet listing the price for the four tyres listed above. All four since one is bald and illegal (1mm), one is at the legal limit (1.6mm) and the other two are at the recommended point to change them (3mm).

If you notice, none of that amount is authorised so it is a recommendation.

I thought it might be the garage's invoice to Honda to make a quick buck, or something equally sneaky but you make a lot more sense.
£277 a tyre :lol::lol::lol:[-(

Front tyres are being changed today, not by Honda, i ordered the rubber last week. And the rears next month. Because money.

There has been a development to this story. I popped into Reading Honda to pick a litre of oil. they asked to see my service receipt to make sure the right oil was supplied. The service desk chap noticed that I had paid £95 for my service and asked me about the service plan. I went on to explain that I have a service plan and was told that the A services were not covered. He explained that was a mistake and that a Honda HQ representative had told them to honour the A services on the FK2 CTR. A little ****ed off I took his name and explained that when I come in for my imminent 12,500 mile/12 month service that I would want this clarified in writing and refund on my £95. I will no doubt be told something different when I go in for the service. It's a joke.

I feel like a broken record but I never paid for A services.

I was told when I paid for the service pack that everything in the service schedule for 5 years or 62500 miles (whichever came first) was covered as long as I brought it in when the car told me to.

Extras like brakes, washer fluid and wipers, etc weren't covered.

As loxy has stated everything is covered , I've had my second a service in 1 year yesterday as the car tells me when it needs a service, if the car shows it needs 5 Services a year the 5 year plan covers that , on the SVRS system anyway if the dealer has swapped you to the fixed then you have to deal with that yourself with the dealer

Mine is booked in to have its A service done for friday even though its telling me on the SVRS system that there is 4400 miles to go. It has the oil change every 6 months regardless of what the SVRS says.
Honda dealer here said no problem and it will be done on my service plan.
Going to pay £95 to change gearbox oil as well whilst its there.
My FK has done 16k and has had 3 A services (one was done at 1000 miles and was paid for) and 1 B so far.
My local Honda dealer are great and do a lot of business with the garage I work for so my car is in good hands.
Will probably leave a bag of Haribo and pack of biscuits to keep them happy. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can what, waste money? Unless it's listed in the service interval as needing to be changed, you're just throwing money down the drain.

Back