• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Window rubber runner

Does any body have a guide on how to change the window rubber runner for the front window? Mine has split and its flapping about stupidly while driving and getting on my nerves, thanks Craig

IMG_2579.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah I ordered it from lings, was just wondering if someone had done a guide on how to replace it, I'll let you know how I get on when it turns up

The run channel seal is the pic above , yes thats the part you need
To replace it put window down then just pull top left corner down & out of the seal, then peel it out of the run channel then pull the seal up etc
Then to fit new 1 lube up the back of the seal & slide the seal down the window guide and then push it in the channel, repeat prosess for the other side of the window

When you say lube up the new runner, with what exactly would washing up liquid work? Only thing I can think of on the house

Sorry for mate reply mate
Yes you can use washin up liquid but idealy wd40 or similar

Last edited by a moderator:
I do loads of them at work so im use to doing them in situe but you might have to remove door card & glass if you get stuck but there quite easy

Just changed the runner and it was pretty straight forward. Had to take the door card and window out to make things a bit easier, thanks for the info jizzy ����

Last edited by a moderator:
My window keeps catching half way ish and flies back down. Again, think the rubber channels need replacing. Havent been able to fit my deflectors cause of this. Was it an easy job to do yourself? How much do the runners cost?

Yeah mate they was a piece of **** to fit, I bought it from Lings Honda think it was £55, to make it easier I took the door card off and window out, lubed up the outer edge and just slid it down into the channels, you'll understand when you're doing. It's pretty simple if I can do it

Back