• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Map Update

HI Everyone has anyone do there own Map update yet? is it easy to do? It keeps coming up on my screen that my is due update so wondering shall in do it myself or just take it into Dealer and let them do it

Map update you do at home. The headunit puts a file on the USB. You go to the website in a PC and download the programme, put in the USB stick, the programme reads the file and downloads the necessary update to the stick. It needs to be an 8GB stick really as the updates are 6GB or so. You then stick it in the car and complete the update with the engine running (so the headunit doesn't shut off).

Longest bit it is downloading the update.

I did mine yesterday and looking to try it out today.The download on the computer took a long time but loading onto car did not take long.If you follow instructions it is very easy.

Back