• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 type r over fueling after decat

Hey everyone i fitted a full stainless decat exhaust on my ep3 type r and it seems to be over fueling by the smell from the exhaust is this common seems to smoke a bit aswell in vtec am planning on sticking my cat back on at the weekend mileage is 144 thousand

I'm assuming you haven't had it mapped?

Apparently fitting a decat on the standard map will make the car run lean and not rich which is bad for the engine.

Also, don't you need an extension on the post-cat O2 sensor to manage that situation?

Fitting a sports manifold should require a map anyway I'd have thought to avoid all manner of issues.

Is it just when it's cold that it's running rich/smelling strongly of fuel?? Little bit more smoke is to be expected but a decat doesn't usually make an engine run more rich!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I had no idea that was possible, unless something else is going on, you're removing a barrier to the flow so by definition would make it run lean?

It's going to smell richer if you remove the cat to be fair, even if it's not.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Interesting, I had no idea that was possible, unless something else is going on, you're removing a barrier to the flow so by definition would make it run lean?

You're also possibly changing the effect that the O2 measurements would normally have pre and post where the cat used to be though.

You're also possibly changing the effect that the O2 measurements would normally have pre and post where the cat used to be though.

Yeah, there'll be more oxygen about! So lower A/F...?

Very true Blake on the smell, but I know my CTR has a right rich smell when cold and OP made it sound like it was smelling of fuel constantly.

Back