• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance quotes

Hi All,

I have just purchased my first civic type R. A 2003 without A/C.

I contacted several ins companies direct and they quoted me £800 + which were stupid prices even though I do not have any NCB.mad::mad:

In frustration I went on Go Compare and got a quote of £192.50 from Esure, (the difference was down to 2k miles instead of 3K and £500 excess instead of £250)::):)

Hi Mark,

My first year of ownership cost me £900+ insurance even with 8 years NCD! My renewal quote for the 2nd year dropped to around the £400 mark. The company I was with (think it was Zurich) before i bought the car wouldn't even insure me as I was under 30 so I had to go elsewhere!

Have you tried Adrian Flux who are one of the traders on here?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi,
We'd be more than happy to offer a quotation however in this day and age £192.50 sounds an absolutely fabulous rate!
Regards,
Dan.

Yes Dan. At least I can now keep the car as I would not pay more than £250 anyway. I just need to watch the miles I put on it as I only have 2k.

Back