• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car Dipping

Hi Guys,

Been trawling through this section and couldn't see any threads on this topic. Has anyone had their car plastidipped?

If so, how have you found cleaning it and living with it daily? Is it something you'd recommend?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I personally haven't but my friend from work has done it twice.

Once on an Volvo V40, which peeled off perfectly after a few months leaving the paint unmarred. The second on a e36 M3, when peeled it took most of the paint with it.

I know that doesn't help too much, just be aware there is a potential risk to doing this. I would guess the prep is probably key (no pun intended) in this regard.

I'd go for a wrap if you want to change the colour, but make sure you get a decent company to do it.

I must admit that I am torn between the dip and wrap Chris. I just need to be wary of time as I need my car to travel to and from work which is a 40 mile round trip. Do you know of any recommended companies in and around Manchester at all. I see there's loads of places doing it but am unsure on reputation etc

No, I don't know any I'm afraid.

Pretty sure if you spend some time Googeling, on Facebook etc reading reviews, go and speak to them for a quote and ask for examples then you'll soon find somewhere.

Thanks Chris. I'll carry on the research. Got a few places to take a visit to. I really appreciate you taking the time out to post I here so thank you

Dip needs to go on fairly heavily to make it easily removed. Wrap is great stuff, and better than cheap paint nowadays. If you were Devon way, I could recommend a friend who does full vehicle wraps.

Thanks NYA. Looks like wrap is the way to go. Such a shame that Devon is too far away

Thanks Ricki. I'm on holiday in Lincolnshire in August so may kill 2 birds with 1 stone if I can scrape the money together in time. Thanks man

Thanks Ricki. I'm on holiday in Lincolnshire in August so may kill 2 birds with 1 stone if I can scrape the money together in time. Thanks man

No worries mate. Look forward to seeing it wrapped once you have it done :cool:

Back