• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A few of my previous Hondas

My last most recent was a pre-facelift (2002) EP3. I got it in 2015 as a replacement for the Prelude because we had a guest staying with us and the Prelude is no fun with back-seat passengers. Especially ones >6ft. My first red H, it was a lot of fun.

It needed a reasonable amount of work though, the spare wheel well had obviously had water sitting in it for a while so the well was rusted and the support/nut for securing the spare was rusted out, there were small amounts of paint/gloss damage, the driver's-side engine mount was cracked/split, etc.

So, I had a plate welded at the wheel well to replace the nut for securing the spare. Replaced the hatch rubber standoffs (one was missing), replaced the rear light foam, re-sealed the back of the boot, painted everywhere with kurust and more, etc.

New brakes, new engine mounts, new mats, a JDM rear sway bar, drop links, battery, filters, plugs, all the service items, because I didn't trust the previous owner as far as I could throw him.

Sadly, the new mounts (Innovative) were too solid, even the 60A's, and the vibration coursing through the cabin was appalling compared to what it was like when I got it. We managed to hold out for a year before replacing it with the current EP3

Last edited by a moderator:
Before that was the Prelude. Not a VTEC, even though it was a 5th gen. A curious JDM Si. F22B engine, down on power, no spoiler or rear washer/wiper and a mad interior. Fun for a while, but cramped (and I'm not that big), a ******* to park (no 4ws on this one), and costly to insure (because JDM, and somehow considered a "sports car" and high theft risk). The girlfriend (now wife), didn't like driving it (to get close enough to the pedals she had to be close to the steering wheel, an ugly compromise), and she hated parking it with its massive overhangs and large turning circle.

I had thought about what would improve the 5th gen, and I came up with this:
  • Cut down on the overhang at front and rear
  • Make the cabin larger, or roomier feeling at least
  • Improve the handling

This list is basically "Make it an integra"... funny.

I didn't look after this nearly as well as I should have :(

Poor thing...

I love/miss the air-con controls in it though, simple and very effective:

Last edited by a moderator:
My second Honda (after the EF that I don't have pictures of) was a Japanese import EG4 VTi. SOHC VTEC (inlet-manifold), 130PS, light, nimble, nice design overall. I miss it.

The unpainted bumper was because my gf backed out of a driveway and when turning onto the road didn't notice the power pole, ripping it off the front :| Oh well.

The split tailgate, rear tray and fold-flat seats were all awesome.

Cool list, should have kept the EG and K Swapped, would have been a beast :D.

A K-swapped EG would certainly be a terrifying...ly awesome prospect.

It had everything I needed. Power steering, air-con, comfort, etc.

The SiR II was a more potent vehicle (170PS I think?) which would have been quite enough given its mass (~950kg). I suspect the K-swap might grant you better fuel economy and emissions (and if you put the work in, a lot more than the 30hp you'd get over the B16A2 by default), but 160-odd hp on something that light is a beautiful thing.

Back