• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

So..

I spent most of the bank holiday weekend giving my car the clay bar and polish treatment. This then led on to cleaning up under the hood. I must say, the difference in the paint work feel is incredible, feels like glass! Once you apply a good polish, even the silver shines up quite well.

I thought I would upload a few photos for you all!

Getting gearbox oil change, droplinks and having the Tegiwa Airbox ftted:

[/URL

On the dyno:

URL=http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/stephencoleman4/media/IMG_1696_zps7iskhx4i.jpg.html]

After the detailing:

Will keep updated but wont be doing much more! Want to keep it OEM

Cheers mate, it's a real minter. Clean as you could wish for, especially given its 100k in the clock. Has load sof engine work done which pretty much set it back to zero. Had a few issues with the ball joint but that's all fixed now, thankgod. Weekend drives in the nice weathe and then back in the garage, not going to be used much.

I think that's my old car; had a mark/crack on the rear bumper, far left hand side just where it meets the arch?!

EDIT: Had another look, it is, that's my old radio! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's my old car; had a mark/crack on the rear bumper, far left hand side just where it meets the arch?!

EDIT: Had another look, it is, that's my old radio! :lol:

Small world! :) you looked after I well!

That detailing work is fantastic mate. Nice one. Any links to the products you used?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That detailing work is fantastic mate. Nice one. Any links to the products you used?

Thanks mate. No links but here are the products I used. Spent over £100 at Halfords, they had some good offers on car care products..

Got the car cleaned inside and out at the local hand car wash first then..

Meguiars quick clay and detailing spray
Auto Glym super resin polish, using a polish pad and microfibre cloth.
Auto Glym rapid aqua way spray to finish.

Simoniz ultracare alloy cleaner
Simoniz back to black tyre spray
Simoniz mixra glass cleaner on windscreen
Standard window cleaner spray for other windows.

Under the bonnet I used Car Plan machine rapid dirt shifter spray.

And used plenty of micro fiber clothes!

You're welcome man. Thank you for taking the time to post the details. The £100 is definitely worth it. Thanks again

Absolutely - considering I've now got a great set of detailing products, should keep me going for a while!

The Dyno results were 197.4 BHP, very good considering only Tegiwa on and 100k.

Very nice, I really like the cosmic grey but a friend had a pre facelift anniversary silver one when I was just about old enough to drive (as was he) since that day I always wanted a silver model. Will never quite 'shine' as much as other colours but I love it. Especially against that red interior :)

Been a busy few weeks, as you've probably seen from a few rants in other threads I've had a few weird noises which could be clutch or gearbox related. Anyhow, purchased a new clutch and all booked in for area motorsport next Tuesday. The will also crack open the gearbox and have a quick butchers! They think it is probably clutch related (fingers crossed). First time down there, seems a great garage.

Aside from fixing these issues... Ive been doing loads of reading on the k100. Tempting... but I didn't really want to make any mods to this, the mid range gains could be a such fun (when I take the car out of my garage for a few weekend drives). I must say too, loving the throttle response now the Tegiwa is fitted, definitely a noticeable difference.

Fingers crossed for next Tuesday... don't need anymore bad news on this (300 mile old ownership) car.

Id love a set of the JDM mats, but good ones are always seriously expensive!

My car is not mapped so not speaking from experience here, rather just from reading, but most would agree you'll get gain out of a map on a stock car, but you'd probably be better to go the full hog on modding if you are going to map the car to get the most out of it. Costly though, and considering the price of the cars...

Car looks great! Good job!

I've been to the same route this year, cost few grands already with all those mods..next things is remap, have to drive up to tdi north because they are the one can remap on Saturday and one of the best in the list..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back