• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

Quick update, got back from Area yesterday. They done a top job, they changed my clutch and whilst the gearbox was out they stripped it open and happily confirmed that all the syncros, bearings and gearbox in general was perfect. Even the little magnet which collects metal particals was pretty much clean as a whistle. Very relieved to see and hear this and well worth the extra £100 to have it opened and checked over. Anyway, the clutch change has now fixed the noise I had on the down rev and the gear changes are silky smooth again whilst in vtec! It's like driving a different car! Also got the FRSU whilst I as there, car already had the cambers so just needed dialling in. Oh yeah, also fitted a new red ah front badge, old one had a small stone chip crack! OCD

Was there from 9-5 but great job all round by the guys there, highly recommended.

Car is now, I'm pleased to say, noise and problem free! £1000+ In 6 weeks and it's now a perfect clean car.

Happy Steve again

Id love a set of the JDM mats, but good ones are always seriously expensive!

My car is not mapped so not speaking from experience here, rather just from reading, but most would agree you'll get gain out of a map on a stock car, but you'd probably be better to go the full hog on modding if you are going to map the car to get the most out of it. Costly though, and considering the price of the cars... !

Car looks great! Good job!

Thanks matee, yes I think I'm leaning towards sticking to the original plan, keep it OEM and store in garage as investment

Quick update, got back from Area yesterday. They done a top job, they changed my clutch and whilst the gearbox was out they stripped it open and happily confirmed that all the syncros, bearings and gearbox in general was perfect. Even the little magnet which collects metal particals was pretty much clean as a whistle. Very relieved to see and hear this and well worth the extra £100 to have it opened and checked over. Anyway, the clutch change has now fixed the noise I had on the down rev and the gear changes are silky smooth again whilst in vtec! It's like driving a different car! Also got the FRSU whilst I as there, car already had the cambers so just needed dialling in. Oh yeah, also fitted a new red ah front badge, old one had a small stone chip crack! OCD

Was there from 9-5 but great job all round by the guys there, highly recommended.

Car is now, I'm pleased to say, noise and problem free! £1000+ In 6 weeks and it's now a perfect clean car.

Happy Steve again

Hi Steve, where did you get the FRSU done? And how much it cost, I'm always wants it to be done actually lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome matey. Love seeing another satin silver build, it tops up the inspiration!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ha ha, like wise! Although this may be it for now, it's probably going to be garaged with some weekend driving!

Hi Steve, where did you get the FRSU done? And how much it cost, I'm always wants it to be done actually lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Area motorsport in stoke on Trent. Not sure on the total cost because when I bought the car it already had the mods, I just needed to dial it in and get wheel alignment..

Ha ha, like wise! Although this may be it for now, it's probably going to be garaged with some weekend driving!
Thats a shame although totally understandable. I'm still quite young in terms of owning a type r/ep3 so look to threads like this for advice/inspiration. Out of interest did the noise you had seem to come from the front wheels when engaging gears 1-5?

Very good news the box was fine!

Did you see what the clutch condition was like? Any life left in it at all?

Very good news the box was fine!

Did you see what the clutch condition was like? Any life left in it at all?

Clutch was very well worn but wasn't on deaths door he said. Certainly wasn't just changed like I was led t believe!!

Thats a shame although totally understandable. I'm still quite young in terms of owning a type r/ep3 so look to threads like this for advice/inspiration. Out of interest did the noise you had seem to come from the front wheels when engaging gears 1-5?

No, wouldn't say fro, the tyres. It was definitely coming from the centre of the vehicle, down by the gearbox. It was only in th down rev/low revs and a metal grinding noise.

No, wouldn't say fro, the tyres. It was definitely coming from the centre of the vehicle, down by the gearbox. It was only in th down rev/low revs and a metal grinding noise.
Thanks for the info mate. I will find the source if it kills me

Just booked in for a service, only been 9 months + 3,000 miles but due to engine work and peace of mind I'm going for it a little early. Oil filter, oil change, air filters, pollen filter, brake fluid £265.

Also starting to look at options to get more bang for my buck, torn between just laying the k100 down and no additional model, or going all out in one go (based on me thinking I'll end up doing it eventually anyway!)

One thing I can't find on the forum is any info regarding the negatives of k100/kpro, it obviously puts mor stress on the engine but I'm assuming that no long term detrimental impacts as the engines are made for this sort of stuff..?

Edit: service at Honda btw (if you hadn't guessed by the price)

Quick update, service all done at honda and visual check completed with zero comments or advice anywhere. Great news, finally after a few months and many additional £'s spent (and probably only about 850 driven miles later) the 'new purchase' and she is all tidy and back in the garage under wraps.

Time to save (and convince the wife it's a good idea) to add some power to her. Let's see..

Back