• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

Right then.. £1500 to invest, what shall I do.. already has new clutch, FRSU, Tegiwa intake. I want more power but want to keep,OEM exhaust and cat, can't be doing with replacing for MOTs!

I'm thinking manifold & k100..?

Would love north of 230bhp

Right then.. £1500 to invest, what shall I do.. already has new clutch, FRSU, Tegiwa intake. I want more power but want to keep,OEM exhaust and cat, can't be doing with replacing for MOTs!

I'm thinking manifold & k100..?

Would love north of 230bhp

I would have thought that next would be more exhaust work. Always difficult to extract more power on most cars without a more free flowing exhaust system. Plus if you get a decent hi flow cat then you won't need to change for MOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't like any other exhausts, am I resticted by staying OEM?

I've seen threads that think it's fine up to 300bhp but someone else, can't recall who, was quite restricted with it below that.

At worst I could (just about) accept a nice oval shaped exhaust but all the others I see, I dislike. I especially don't want anything louder than OEM. New exhaust and k100 will see me up in the 225-230s?

I've seen threads that think it's fine up to 300bhp but someone else, can't recall who, was quite restricted with it below that.

At worst I could (just about) accept a nice oval shaped exhaust but all the others I see, I dislike. I especially don't want anything louder than OEM. New exhaust and k100 will see me up in the 225-230s?
You could go for dc5 manifold and cat as they're meant to be better. Then an unsilenced b pipe with standard silencer?

I can't see you getting anywhere near 230 on standard manifold and exhaust?

Mine made 219 with, teg m, rbc, dc 421, M2 silenced b pipe and standard silencer.

Though they were on realistic rollers. Looking back it probs wasnt worth the cost, but it's all good fun and you'll do it anyway!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

If you're wanting a nice (and still quiet) exhaust, I think Josh at TorqueGT here was trying to organise a bulk purchase of the Fujitsubo Legalis R which is very quiet (JASMA certified), beautifully made and decent-flowing.

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...s-Cosmic-EP3&p=1351553&viewfull=1#post1351553
https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...s-Cosmic-EP3&p=1351596&viewfull=1#post1351596

After having it installed a little while now it may even be quieter at motorway speeds than the OEM (though with a little more of a lower pitched noise over-all, perhaps due to the increased diameter of the pipe)

Stoptech is probably one of the bost bolt on mods you can do on an EP3.

Power boys, I want power.

Yes, I know what you're going to say, but we've all been here. This isn't used on a track and I think OEM brakes are fine for me, I don't drive regularly - it's stored in the garage but when I want a little fun, I will bring it out. I think the benefits of smoothing in the vtec would suffice but if I am going to drop in k100 I might as well add a few other mods to increase bhp.

wow, its been nearly 2 years since I was on here! Car has probably done about 1,000 miles in that time and is currently sitting pretty under wraps on the garage. Tempted to get her out in the summer and give it a blast for old time sake.. especially since I put a new set of tyres on all round before putting the beast away.. Whats everyone opinions on the prices of the ep3? Have you guys seen any marginal valuation increases?

Back