• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Advice

Hi All,

I've had a look through the internet and other places but can't seem to find a solid answer on this.

I've recently moved jobs, making my daily commute a 51 mile round trip. It's never been a problem before as I've had a company car but I've got to pass my probationary period of 6 months before they'll order me a car.

My current car is a Ford Focus RS MK1 which is heavily modified. I only really use this on weekends if the sun is out. Which in Wales it about 5/10 times a year. It's low millage ( 38k) , so I want to keep it that way and it only does about 18/20 mpg on the motor way.

I've always fancied a facelift EP3 so thought I would look at getting one for my daily commute. As I said my commute is a round trip of 51 miles, 50 of which is motor way miles.

What's sort of mpg are people getting on the motor way, sticking to 70? and how many miles do you get to a full tank if driven sensibley?

Many Thanks In Advance :)

James

Somewhere just over 40L (around the point the fuel light comes on) seems to get me somewhere around 280Mi (around 31mpg apparently), mixed driving. Definitely not a light foot, but not caning it every second either.

As they say 'Its smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon'. But in all seriousness you should get around 300 miles if driving on a constant speed.

270-280 from full tank mostly motorway miles I would say.
For me it is not possible to have an ep3 and drive gently up the slip roads or up to NSL unless there is traffic. etc

If you have to drive like miss daisy all the time for the commute no point buying a car that eggs you on, get a DERV
But if you want a little fun then cruise at 70/80 you should easily get at least 260/270 from a tank.

I think you would be looking at approx £50 a week

Back