• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

White fd2 type R

After joining here a good while ago I thought it about time I put up a thread about my car. My first Honda was a black ukdm dc2 which I loved to bits. After owning it since 2004 it was like part of the family.i like to think I kept it in pretty good shape and with only 65000 miles on the clock, relatively low mileage.

But with my little boy getting bigger I felt I needed something a bit bigger and four doors to mate things easier. So the fd2 was the obvious choice. Or that's what I told my wife anyway. So in may last year the dc2 was sold.

This was a sad day, but fortunately it hasn't gone too far as my brother decided he wanted to join the type r club

So I contacted torque gt as I had heard so many good reviews about them. Within a week they had found me a pertential car going to auction, sounded good so I went for it. And won it. Pictures from japan

Then the long wait started.it arrive in June safe and sound.

This is at torque gt pre uk prep

Then collected in July, its a very long way from the midlands but it's so worth it. The drive back was great

First good drive out was to the Lake District for a few days away with my family, and my brother brought the dc2 along to play

Had some fun on that journey, the fd2 looks so much bigger!

The condition is great I could hardly ask for better. I purchased a j's 60rs from dotty earlier this year, fitted it in my garage. The bolts came off so easily, you wouldn't get that with a 10 year old uk car. Unfortunately the exhaust wasn't for me. Far too loud and droney low to mid rpm's. So less than 200 miles later off it came again.
My friend asked me to take us to his wedding so out came the ribbons

Recently fitted my evo wheels to the civic. I think they look pretty good to be fair, even though only 17" wheels.

Unfortunately the tyres I have fitted are too wide and rub the rear arch. Might swap them at some point and try again, but stock wheels back on for now, might fit some spacers as the evo wheel fitment looks the way it should!

Lovely car, I really like these, I'll have to work on my Mrs. :lol:

Dc2 looked really good too, it's nice to see well looked after examples.

Yea no rubbing on mine, but my off set is higher than yours around +53 I think, where as the evo wheels are +38. Either tyre choice or camber would stop the rubbing.

It's the tyres, only 235 wide but the shoulder is wider (more square) as they are R1R toyo. The offset looks flush with the arch so I was really pleased with that.

I have the same wheels on my FN2. Try 225/45 tyres

0f2768efa8e6a6df94150a130fb0c2b8.jpg

I decided the tatty side reapeater needed replacing as relatively inexpensive,

Thanks to cox they arrived very quickly and fitted today

Back