• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

White fd2 type R

As it's been a nice day today I decided to crack on with the engine bay. Good clean all round, fitted my mugen air box, oil cap and radiator cap too.

Also used some G techniq C4 on the scuttle and slam panel as they were really faded. Have come up almost as new. If it lasts as long as claimed then money well spent.

Last but not least a genuine mugen gear knob to remove the nice looking but extremely cold in winter oem.

Awesome car! Looks to be in really good condition.

Tasteful mods. Will need to try out that G Techniq C4 as my scuttle panels are also looking a bit sad for themselves.

Thanks mate, I'm really impressed with the improvement with the c4! Also they claim it will last two years, which if so makes it well worth the money

Lovely looking FD2 buddy, and very well modded so far! although i do prefer the original alloys:D

G Techniq stuff is awesome, especially the C5 wheel armour. I used to product test for them and i had to apply the C5 and not wash the wheels for minimum of 5k miles, then when i did wash, all that was needed was a jet wash!! :eek:

Fairly expensive but well with it IMHO

Keep us posted!

Thanks mate. The stock wheels are back on now you'll be pleased to know. I think I'll be using some of that c5 once I have time to clean them properly.

First up type R stickers to the sides. Really look good I think. I can't understand why they are not standard fitment

Next a spoon rear view mirror glass

Before

After

Makes a huge difference. I'm not quite sure why you need such a wide angle rear view but it's fitted now so I'll go with it.

Now I've been thinking about the mugen short shifter but have heard a lot af reviews saying there is very little difference from oem. So I ordered the stradale version. Shorter titanium shaft, stiff bushings giving a shorter more precise throw. Or so they claim.

Comparison very similar, standard Honda mechanism modified.

While fitting

It was a bit tricky to fit without removing all the plastics, but got there in the end.

Got there in the end and it was rude not to fit their shift boot too, matchs the seats nicely.

I like the way it looks but will have to wait for the drive till tomorrow.
That's it for now, just looking at my next rhd Japan order.

Just a quick update. I wasn't expecting this but the shifter has made a nice change. Feels tighter and quicker, I'm very pleased. Money well spent.

Nice shifter!, I am also looking at changing the stock one to a short throw. How much shorter is it now?

It's not a massive difference but combined with the stiff bushings makes a nice quick shift. I like it. A lot of money though

It's not a massive difference but combined with the stiff bushings makes a nice quick shift. I like it. A lot of money though

Yea just looked online, it came out to be a bit more than what I was expecting. Might just leave it off till later haha.

All my pictures have disappeared. Which hosting sites are people using now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back