• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 front fog lights wanted

Amusingly I was considering the same. Mine have damaged reflectors etc.

I saw a few I'd have to import from Taiwan/China/HK on eBay (and then likely pay import duty on top of the price), but others seem to cost the earth anyway, even Lings is out of stock (and therefore I can't find the actual Honda part number) :(

Can damaged fog light reflectors warrant an MOT fail?

There was a advisory on the last one for poor condition and they're getting worse.

If it is I think I'll just blank them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can damaged fog light reflectors warrant an MOT fail?

There was a advisory on the last one for poor condition and they're getting worse.

If it is I think I'll just blank them off.

Interestingly they didn't give me any grief about them even though one bulb's not working, the reflectors are rubbish and one of them is filled with sand/grit (hence my desire to get new ones).

That's interesting, I thought if they are fitted to the vehicle they have to work during the test!

I cleaned a bunch of grit and dust out of mine the other week, looks better but still clearly in bad shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't have thought it would be an MOT fail. They are an optional extra and not all cars have them so if you have them but they're not working I can't see why it wouldn't still pass.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anyway, back to the topic, replacements... where? :) (or, even, what's the Honda part number so we can search elsewhere?)

Pre or facelift? I'd drop Hendy a message on here, pretty sure they can help

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have just called my local Honda dealer and they were discontinued a while ago as they are an accessory.

I'm having a lot of the bumper parts plastic coated at the mo - so Ill enquire with him as to how to refurb them. Renew the reflector and casing. *** the glass is usually stone chipped and beyond use. Fortunately mine are ok.

I don't go out in the fog so I will look for something to fit in the space.

Can't remove the lens so I've binned mine. Looking to replace with a mesh. Must remove the fuse, anyone know which one as it is an accessory so is not marked in the fuses, also need a blank for the dash!!

When they are fitted, they must be serviceable. So if they are defective it is a MOT fail. If only part of the reflector is defective then i would think they would put it down as an advisory.

Attachments

• IMG_2871.JPG
    IMG_2871.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Funny this thread should pop-up, currently going through the same process!

I found some on eBay, probably not genuine but they are new, currently waiting on delivery. Current ones are in a right state, reflective stuff is all coming off and all sorts of sandy type stuff came out when I removed the lens.

Front fog lights.

Let us know how it goes when you get them please. How good they fit and a photo to see how they look would be appreciated.

Removed fog light loom - quality.

Temp fitted fog light cover with dome mesh cut from a disposable bbq to see how it will look.

Needs s/s close mesh so you can't see through to the cut rear grille so well.

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2882.JPG
    IMG_2882.JPG
    479 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for picking up an old post.

My fogs have seen better days. Did anyone buy any from EBay.

Seen some from China that are new but always a bit cautious with that stuff as don't want my pride and joy going up in flames!

I have a brand new pair waiting to go in my car. I'll see if there are any part numbers on them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The last time i replaced mine i bought a set from the US for a EP Civic Si. Not genuine but fitted fine and have lasted me a number of years without issue.

Back