• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Alloy Damage

Hi Guys,

New to the forum here, i've been reading through stuff here previously and only just decided to join, so i guess a bit about me first. I'm from all the way up north east in Newcastle, owned FN2 civic for 4 years and in Feb this year decided to upgrade to the FK2 in the blue (and so far absolutely loving it!).

I've had the misfortune of being pretty much shoved off the road earlier today at 50mph, causing some pretty bad damage to the front right alloy wheel from the curb (other than that there luckily isnt much cosmetic damage, the body work is all intact). Since then i've noticed the steering feels a bit off and the steering wheel is pointed slightly right when driving straight.

Was wondering peoples thoughts on a couple things:

Firstly, the alloy wheel. I know my local place which fixes them up last time i went said they couldn't do anything about the red strip going round the rim and they could only do the whole thing black, reckon its time to find somewhere new or is it actually pretty tricky to restore the wheel?

Secondly, i'm taking the car to my local garage in the morning (he's a sound bloke, never rips people off in my experience) and he's going to have a look at the damage from the shunt, i'm hoping its not something too serious!

Thanks, and sorry for the lengthy first post!
Adam

Dream Automotive are offering refurbs for £100 per wheel including the strip. They're at the other end of the country though, but it's definitely doable.

Look for someone else local.

So, just had it looked into, the steering issue looks like it may be the track rod ends which i was quoted 20 quid for, the guy couldnt see any other damage. The alloy however is another story. Took it to this place nearby and he said they couldnt fix it due to the amount of damage, the small "lip" that goes round the rep strip is damaged and would need to be rebuilt which apparently can't be done. He suggested buying a new wheel.

I've had a look around and can't see anywhere i can buy the wheel other than the Honda garage, anyone know a place?

Thanks for all the help.

If you're willing to travel to Bristol there are some superb places I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, just had it looked into, the steering issue looks like it may be the track rod ends which i was quoted 20 quid for, the guy couldnt see any other damage. The alloy however is another story. Took it to this place nearby and he said they couldnt fix it due to the amount of damage, the small "lip" that goes round the rep strip is damaged and would need to be rebuilt which apparently can't be done. He suggested buying a new wheel.

I've had a look around and can't see anywhere i can buy the wheel other than the Honda garage, anyone know a place?

Thanks for all the help.

Unless there's one for sale second hand you don't have much of a choice but to buy one from Honda.

Thanks for all the help guys, had the car into the Honda garage today, ordered/fitted a brand new alloy (£355 from Honda) and had them check the tracking and alignment. All is sorted now with no further signs of damage, and she's back in action! :D

Back