• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

There must be something wrong with that premier edition, too cheap and on gumtree (scammers like gumtree)

Not trying to be a complete pessimist here, but if it looks too good to be true it usually is.

Where are you based? and whats your budget?

Looks like bargain of the century ha ha. I am also a pessimist, you'll get a feel for the person when you speak / meet them. If you have any friends who have any knowledge of mechanics I'd take them with you. Albeit at that price I'd probably pay for something like an AA check before buying it.. if you managed to get that far in to the process without smelling a rat!

Why did you buy a second if you don't mind me asking?

I did the same. My first one was cheap (didn't want to spend more then 2k) so I ended up with a high-miles '52 plate. It had issues (rust in boot that I didn't notice because I made the mistake of not checking under the spare, worn/damaged engine mounts, etc.). When I replaced the engine mounts it lead to a lot of vibration which was annoying.

It was a learning experience for me. My second was a 70k miles '55 plate premier edition. I spent a lot more on it and spent my time hunting. I still made mistakes but I like what I have now.

Jimbo I am based in the South East, Surrey area. I'd say it's around the 3.5-4 mark. You are all right it does seem far too good to be true doesn't it. They aren't even replying currently so I'm sure something is fishy. I can't even thank you all enough as long as you all don't mind I may keep posting ones I'm looking at and get your advice? After sitting in one last night thanks to someone on this forum I'm literally itching to get behind one.

Why did you buy a second if you don't mind me asking?

I had my first for a year or 2, then had my first child and thought id buy something more sensible and needed some spare cash.
So I sold it and bought a vitara to do a little green laning etc.
Missed my ep too much and bought another after 5-6 months away.

It wasnt 2 at the same time :) although there are a fair few on here with 2

If I'm honest with you all I think purely because of the money I'm spending and I plan on keeping it forever I only want post face-lift. I ideally want a 5 plate, I really want one under 100k aswell I've seen a few between 100-110 how much should I really worry about that? Ep3steve ideally one with little to no mods purely for insurance. Jimbo that's nice to hear that you couldn't let the Ep3, now I've sat in one I can see why you went back!

Then I suspect unless you're either a master of negotiation or very lucky that you're going to need to increase your budget to something a lot closer to 5k. And you'll still have work to do on it.

Ok Mike I'll bear that in mind. If all the work that's been done on this one wasnshown with proof and I got the price down to say 2500 would you all still say it's a definite no? Being that 2500 would leave me room to spend 500 repairing it? I can't let it go for some reason :( I'm clearly just rushing which I know I shouldn't. But if I were to get a price reduction would you all still say it's a no?!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rice-from=2500&radius=55&price-to=3500&page=1

Sorry to bring it up a second time.

Personally i'd avoid, part service history etc. the advert reads very poorly too.

FSH for me is a must, I would start thinking about looking at well maintained ones with higher mileage if the facelift is a must

The fact he says it has damage and dents 100% would put me off if you are wanting a car to be proud of

His advertisement photos are with bird sh*t down his bonnet, not an indication of a car that has been looked after. As above, he has highlighted dents and scratches which you can guarantee will be worse than he is eluding to.

Your end goal is to get a car which can be looked after and is in good condition, don't compromise on that to get a quick deal. You will regret it.

Check pitonheads, gumtree and trader. You will get familiar with what cars are for sale and you'll soon notice that new ones get added very regularly!

You're totally right Ep3steve I am just being impatient, after experiencing one I am now decided I want to buy one and keep it forever or until family commitments come knocking which I'm absolutely Years from anyway. I am browsing daily at the moment as the MOT on the V5 runs out in August so ideally I need to find one before then. Will definitely refer back to you all if I view one or am intending to do so. I suppose being a 25 year old man im just being impatient, it's an investment I should take my time on I just want to have my own right now :( haha.

Looks alright, little info. But have a good look round it, check the oil levels etc.

Check over the paper work well for service history.

Would be due for a service from what he says though.

Good point, I would print off that buyers list within the forum and go through most of that if your arranging a viewing..

Good sign that it, appears, to have one main owner for the past 12 or so years so I would imagine service history would all be in place etc..

Fingers crossed, keep us informed.

Back