• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

So being that so many people took the time to give me such friendly tips and advice on this post I thought I'd fill everyone in on how things are going after a year of owning.
The last couple of months I've developed a massive itch to start working on the car myself and although it's all been cosmetic bits thus far the want to start making mechanical improvements myself is getting overwhelming.......

I'll start by saying since owning my EP3 it's spurred a couple of my mates to buy hot hatches that I'm now enjoying rolling around with they're as follows:
Unmodified Fiesta ST Mk6
Modified Focus ST Mk2
Supercharged R32 Golf Mk4
Naturally I still think the Ep3 looks and handles the best ;)

Anyway drifted off topic there! So since owning I'd say the only significant "modification" so far was buying 4 Michelin Pilot sport 4's and the difference it made was night and day they're absolutely fantastic I can't fault them. The few bits i've done myself are removing the rear wiper, refurbishing my headlights (they were so cloudy), painting my calipers, hondata air box and fitting a pioneer double din unit.

This week I have just ordered the following parts:
JDM RARB
Hardrace Rear reinforced drop links
Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
Eibach camber adjustment bolts
Hardrace Rear camber arms
Ferodo DS2500 Brake pads
OEM Clutch
OEM Timing chain
Quaife LSD

All of this is being fitted by TGM sport at the end of this month with FRSU so I'm sure it's going to totally overhaul the feel of the car and honestly I can't wait I'm so excited! Choosing to sort all my handling before chasing power came after the advice given on here and my own personal experiences with the car. (It's been a hard decision and the saving for power mods is coming along nicely ;) )

The only thing I'm now wondering about is while all this is being done I'm starting to think it will be plenty worthwhile refreshing the bushes on the car being that it's on 84k.... what I'm thinking though is based off people's experiences what're your general thoughts regarding Polybushing over OEM? A couple of my friends have stated about how polybushses should effectively last much much longer but I don't want to lose ride quality.... any of you run polybush and can vouch for it not being too bad on the roads?

I'll post again at the end of the month and let you all know how it feels but excited is an understatement!

Edit: What is up with the turning circle on these cars?! Took some getting used to! Also the wiper coverage is also pretty bad I get the worst buildup on the side of my windscreen haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
The steering lock is something you just get used to. I’m sure my DC5 was worse than my EP :lol:

Glad to hear you’re still loving the car bud. Keep the updates coming ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are enjoying your EP3 :D
I have had mine a couple of months and enjoy each and every drive, even though most of my drives are in heavy traffic
For me, I have only seen below 40mpg once, 39.6mpg, however, I tend to bumble along at 60mph on the motorways/dual carriageways, mainly to avoid those tailgaiting idiots in Audis, then use the acceleration and cornering ability on fast a & b roads

For me, I have only seen below 40mpg once, 39.6mpg, however, I tend to bumble along at 60mph on the motorways/dual carriageways, mainly to avoid those tailgaiting idiots in Audis, then use the acceleration and cornering ability on fast a & b roads

Are you assuming a gallon is 6L or something (even with that assumption I don't know if I'd manage 40...)? :eek: How are you getting 40mpg?

No lpg conversion, brim to brim measurements, (litres/gallon 4.54) to and from work trip is ideal for decent mpg, 6am start, 430pm finish, motorway, dual carriageway and fast a/b roads, pretty much the same in reverse, my cruise speed is circa 63mph, then use the handling and acceleration out of roundabouts/junctions, then back off back to cruise speed, I cover just under 100miles a day. Don't use the car around town at all or for short trips

I sat on the motorway for an entire tankful @60mph and got 38mpg but have never seen above that.

Are you by any chance using super unleaded? perhaps that gives the 10% extra efficiency but even so!

Adjusting front camber using camber bolts is a bit of a nightmare, hit a pot hole and they will turn.
Meaning back for realignment again...

Wow this forum really is incredible I can't believe the rate at which I'm getting responses! Jo5h I am based in camberley which is about 15 minutes from Guildford, Surrey. Anyone that is from around that area that can help me in anyway I will be eternally grateful and willing to let you take the beastly V5 for a little run! Ep3steve my budget will hopefully be between 3-4K, I have seen examples that seem quite good at around the 2-2.5k mark but I almost think I should avoid those however I will be getting a company van in 6 months so I guess if it died it wouldn't be TOO bad but ideally I'd like to have one forever they are sooo beautiful. Am I right in assuming that as soon as I enter the Vtech ranges that petrol will literally be flying out of the tank? Also can any of you shed any light on what the pull is like from the Ep3 outside of Vtech ranges? Gears 1-2 in the V5 are quite intense regardless of rev count will I still get that kind of pull from the Honda outside of Vtech range? Krzys in response to you do you mind me asking how much all that set you back? I imagine it felt dreamy after such a treat for it. I genuinely think this community is amazing I can't thank you all enough, so excited to hopefully own one. Oh and Ep3steve wht is an induction kit and how much would one set me back? Are there any modifications i should avoid if they were aready installed for example? Thankyou so much everyone.

Camberley ey? You are only a few mins away from me, once my EP3 is in 1 piece again (lel) I'll be more than happy to show you around the car and answer any questions in regards to ownership, over a pint or something.

Edit: SCRATCH THAT! Just realised I only read page 1 of this thread.... lmao

Back