• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

The knock sensor often gets caught during a clutch change. :lol:

Glad it is now sorted.

Fitted some Yokohama Advan V105 tyres onto the car, priced at £85 a corner. I highly rated Yokohama as I had AD08's on my RX8 and V105's on my Megane 250. Car feels much better! Clutch is worn in nicely too, feels miles better.

So the next step is suspension. Im torn. I keep thinking coilovers, but I wont be going on track so I see no real point.

Should I just buy OEM Shocks and then go to Grinspeed and get a FRSU? Checking the car history there was advisories for shocks showed light misting on nearside front and offside rear. Replace all 4?

Also thinking of upgrading the brakes as they arent the most inspiring. I read that OEM discs are spot on, so Ferodo pads.

I've usually been under the consensus that coilovers were for track cars only but after fitting Meister Rs and getting it setup from Stevie it is a bloody joy.

Other than transmitting a bit of road noise (likely from the solid top mounts) the ride overall on softer settings is night and day better with the option of stiffening them up for weekends or track.

Ed, that bronze looks the biz.
Saw one years ago and thought it was great but was not buying a car at the time.

I forgot to update this. I sold the car back in April. I was fed up of the poor ride quality, horrible seats and just generally unhappy with the car.

Replaced it with an Alfa

Last edited by a moderator:
What Alfa did you go for mate?

Went for a Giulietta Cloverleaf mate. 238bhp, 5 doors, insanely comfy, adaptive bi xenons etc. Only 7.5k with 58k on the clock.

20190418_121758_zpsfxz1vfdy.jpg

How is the Alfa to drive mate? I've always been a fan of Alfa Romeo's but scared of the reliability. They do look to be made with passion which many cars are missing nowadays.

How is the Alfa to drive mate? I've always been a fan of Alfa Romeo's but scared of the reliability. They do look to be made with passion which many cars are missing nowadays.

It's great. I get around 400 miles per tank combined. It's got body roll, but it's more a GT car than a hot hatch.

Its 235bhp, and it does have that brutal acceleration. I leave it in 'all-weather' mode which gives less power, light steering and is great for town and casual driving.

It fits what I want perfectly. As Mark said, I had an RX8 and that was replaced by a Renaultsport Megane 250, which I then sold so the Wife could get a Juke Nismo RS.

From general consensus the reliability is much better, limited to the odd wiring issue.

Its 5 door, great boot, great MPG, comfortable ride and theres a good aftermarket support for modifications. It's a really nice place to be in.

Its ace because the fuel needle, temperature and revs is labelled in italian; 'benzina', 'Acqua' and 'Giri'. Typical Alfa quirk.

Back