• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Was about to say what the heck's with the weave in that thing . If being off centre will drive you nuts then that should drive you insane

I read the reviews, it’s pretty much what I expected. It’s a cheap race dash, they’re not known for high quality output... unlike the manufacturer of the external panels I’ve bought :)

Oh, and I’m hoping most of that dodgy weave is covered by steering column cowl, indicator stalks etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's going to bug the hell out of you now that you've seen it. :lol:

My view is that if it's light and does its job, ignore it. What's it like under light? Just thinking in the car it might reflect some light which could be annoying?

Well, it was this or a considerably more expensive dash which would have required paint and didn't look as good shape wise. Or an OEM style dash was an option I suppose.

If it's really bad for reflection then I'll get it flocked/partially flocked.

More updates of woe:

It's STILL at grinspeed (not having a go at them...). It's a never ending calamity of part ordering and failure to fit.

Mfactory 4.0 ordered, along with new gear hub required. Gear hub took forever arriving, got here eventually. Last week stevie took the engine out & undressed it plus got the gearbox ready to strip. This week we discover the ring gear doesn't fit my diff. DAFUQ. It appears my 'box is a mish mash of parts from other boxes, either that or Honda QC was pretty lax back in the day.

Long story short, it was either buy another FD and split it, using the pinion from one and the ring gear from the other... and havng a kit leftover almost nobody will ever want. So, it's new diff time. Mfactory racepack diff en route. Not much difference price wise and at least the diff I have left over will be saleable and it's an upgrade on the diff at the same time.

Jeezless.

It doesn't end there. New engine came with a wasted spark ignition fitted in place of the dizzy, with a crank trigger wheel and hall effect sensor. "Awesome", I thought, and bought my Hondata S300. Today I discover that Hondata don't work with COP conversions. They do sell a kit for £400 and then you need to retrofit it and find your own coils, leads etc.

It's getting silly. Nope. Spending far too much on this. Convert back to dizzy, leave the trigger wheel in place incase I get the urge to upgrade in future. Booked in at EFI mid July.

A few pics from grinspeed...

SZOFVes.jpg

xEpoLTj.jpg

nW5s6mx.jpg

Stolen from Loxy :)

cache.php

She appears to be staring at my nuts....

Fully expecting it.

I'm so deep down the rabbit hole now you may as well call me Warren. Not giving up. I will make it to JAE.

... I was looking for a Predator "I can make it" meme, but alas, the kids didn't make one.

Besides... bit of a lengthy assumption from you to presume someone's silly enough to buy that lemon of yours isn't it?

Besides... bit of a lengthy assumption from you to presume someone's silly enough to buy that lemon of yours isn't it?

Perhaps not on this forum. :lol: Yet everything that could have broken probably has and has been fixed. It'll probably be a gem for the next owner!

Looks like it won't fit. :lol:

Wouldn't the weight in front of the axle ruin the handling?

Stick a K20 in the back and RWD it. :lol:

It’s a tight fit!

It doesn’t handle quite as well as an a-series mini but it isn’t too bad. The fibreglass front end helps a little in that respect. I need to get it all set up properly but I don’t have much adjustability with the current setup. Force racing do some titanium bottom arms that’ll fit and solve a few issues but they’re about £600 & also rose jointed, so need constant replacing.

There’ll be no K swap happening any time soon, if I did it’d be FWD. The short wheelbase and RWD makes for a snappy oversteer.

I thought there was a turbo on that for a minute H. The air filter straight on the mani had me fooled :lol:
Watched a vid on YouTube a couple of days back and the guy had a B18’d Z Cars Mini. Looked like an absolute handful. But hella fun!! :twisted:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back