• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

mNjXZBu.jpg

VRI6ymm.jpg

U4DwH1T.jpg

rGnmkeX.jpg

YAS H!!!! Looks fantastic bud, loving the grey with the black arches and roof, really suits the car. Top work pal :cool: :cool:

Sorry about that Hazz, I was so silly drunk last night (fking rugby) the photo was all in jest.

It's looking fantastic. You'll have to get a video of you driving it. I bet it's mental.

That’s what you get with 1 piece fibreglass front ends.... especially after you’ve crashed into your garage door :lol:

Speaking of driving it.... it’ll be going on a trailer to grinspeed if I can’t fix the problem that occurred today myself. Something is TERRIBLY wrong with the near side front brake. I wondered when it would kill me on the slow and embarrassingly loud drive home today.

I don’t know man, it’s an odd one. I kept having to pull over and pump the brake to align everything otherwise it had an intermittent screech from hell.

My first thought is the wheel nuts with the wrong taper. Hopefully it's just loose nuts, we all know how to adjust our nuts after all. I have new nuts, 16 of them.

Another little update...

I fixed the brake problem. As I expected, it was due to the wheel nuts letting go due to the wrong taper. The replacements I've ordered had the wrong thread pitch, fcuking typical. Should have some more (hopefully correct) when I get home tonight.

Anyway, it's buttoned up for now. I had some shopping to do this weekend, mostly around retail parks across Merseyside. The GF and I decided we'd do it all on Sunday. I decided in the mini (she wasn't too happy about that). Everything went perfectly, not a jot of an issue until....

We're at the last car park, next stop: home. Get in, ignition on. Fuel pump primes... Turn key to start and it all cuts out with a slight 'pop'. Starter didn't turn. Oh sh1t. Power is still on to the dash...

Turn ignition off... back on, this time no fuel pump priming. Double oh Sh1t.

So I open up the boot, the earth is loose on the fuel tank... tighten that... This time the pump primes but it still cuts out on the starter.

Bonnet up... wiggle/prod everything. All looks good. Still nothing.

At this point I'm googling local recovery services. I thought I'd give it another once over before I call... It's the fcuking battery positive terminal. Finger tighten it and kaboom, fires right up.

Fcuking bodyshop's fault. They had the fuel tank and battery out. Good job it didn't happen whilst pulling away into a roundabout or something.

Panic over. GF didn't talk to me for a few hours :lol:

Fitted my new steering wheel at the weekend.

Old:

QJZW1iC.jpg

XOykiRf.jpg

New:

tXLNNTS.jpg

Plan was to fit a mountney quick release boss. I bought an adapter that I thought would let me use the quick release with the classic steering wheel I bought. No such luck. So it's just a normal wheel boss for now.

No pics in the car, it was quite dark in my garage. I'll get some pics & maybe even a short video when I take it into grinspeed this week.

:lol: I can imagine the horror when attempting to press said horn in a moment of anger expecting an audible toot and instead receiving 50 extra horses.

Seriously though. Nitrous might actually be an option this year. Building an engine is so many monies for so little gains. Can't fit a turbo or charger due to space. Throttle bodies are mental money and/or engineering time/headaches. Insurance is £130 a year anyway so it surely can't go up that much for the funny gas.

I'll get the thing sorted first and then start thinking about power. Maybe even a B18.

Last night I bought some black exhaust heat wrap and some dynamat. I just need some rubber bungs for the floorpan and boot and then I can install some sound deadening and carpets. Because ear bleedingly loud.

Back