• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

How rude. Grandad will quite literally smoke dotty’s favourite race car ;) x

Edit: and probably shoot you with a valve and/or piston.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ADE lady told me she thought a car was blowing up on dyno the first time she heard it running from her office. She said it’s the loudest car since they did a Lambo. TarmacNymph approved.
Why isn't this a video?

It sounds like owning and running this car is like having a high maintenance girlfriend. Probably costs less too. :lol:

Why isn't this a video?

I wasn’t there :(

Oh and it made 214bhp and 181lb ft but it was dialled back to 210 and 164. He said the injectors never like full duty for that long. Torque should be back with the 300/310/330cc injectors I’ll be purchasing shortly.

After cleaning it all off and taking it for a quick spin, it’s most certainly the sump gasket. Ordered a posh one from tegiwa next day. That’s tomorrow night gone. Still hoping to make JAE! Can’t drive it there as is, it’d kill me with fumes. The amount of oil smoke in the car is worrying, even after I plugged/taped all the holes (about 10 you could see the road through).

Edit: oh and the death rattle... appears to be a vibration. Whatever I tightened up has reduced it significantly.

... In all seriousness, it’s running big cams and 13:1 compression. It’s on the edge of the engine’s capability pretty much. More revs could be had with forged rods and a little more torque and power with some oversized pistons. After that it gets into crazy money with cylinder sleeves etc

So when you buying them? :lol:

Injectors first. Fix oil leak, assess level of smokiness post tuning and cooking off any residual oil in the bay.

If it's still way too smokey after that I'll probably do a top end refresh first, new seals all around. If still no dice then I'll do a bottom end rebuild with forged rods and 81.5mm forged pistons (OEM is 81mm). That'll give me about 60cc's extra.

An actual image of Hazz arriving at JAE with his Mini...

ZPYBXgU.jpg

Jeezless H Christ, who knew injectors were so bloody pricey these days?!

Struggling to find a set for less than £400.

Needs to be a high resistance saturated type injector, anything from 300-500cc. Any ideas anyone?

Just put a request into breakers yards for a set of S2000 345cc injectors, gonna try late prelude ones next. See what prices they come back at.

Edit: After a lot of digging I'm liking the look of the K-series RDX 410cc injectors. Rywire make conversion plugs and caps for B-series usage. Looking at about £300 all in.

Well, it’s not going to JAE :(

I tried. New gasket is on but I took a shortcut due to time and I think it’s bitten me. I left the Hondabond on for 2 hours before I filled it up and started it. Looked good on idle but started leaking again on a test run. It’s quite a bit better but it’s not good enough. Thankfully the gasket I bought is reusable so I’ll do it again tomorrow and fill it Sunday. I just hope it is that and not a 2nd leak. It’s really hard to tell exactly where it’s coming from, it gets everywhere with the wind and/or oil pressure.

Got ormskirk motorfest in a couple weeks, a closed road parade which I’m supposed to be participating in. Place your bets, do I:

1. Not make it
2. Turn it into a smoke show
3. Turn it into a bonfire

Re-fitted the gasket on Saturday and filled it yesterday. No change, I think I did it right the first time.

There's another leak above the sump but below the head. Somwhere around the oil filter and charcoal filter thingy. I'm thinking oil pressure switch? Can't see the knock sensor leaking oil and same for the charcoal filter system.

Anyway, new oil filter (despite doing less than 100 miles) and oil pressure switch ordered. I'm just going to throw parts at it until it's fixed.

Back