• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

I found an old photo of my mini clubman, it's tank green. Looks superb, wish I still had it, all original. I'll upload it later.

Would love to see it, here's my old one and the 3rd car of my motoring career.

P1010040.jpg

and again shortly before it got scrapped, poor Albert :(

IMG_0082.jpg

:lol: saw this whilst I was searching for those pics... Love it!

IMG_0245.jpg

.... Just spoke to KAD engineering about rear anti roll bars and titanium rear beam conversions (replace rear subframe)... As per my current luck, temporarily discontinued for redesign. Better than buying the last of the previous batch, I suppose.

edit: priced up the same kit from forceracing... Holy sh1t. Nope. Best part of £2k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick! Not too much of a departure from my colour scheme

Hope it wasn't a 1275 GT, worth a pretty penny these days!

I wanted one, used to see a black one with the gold decals. There was also a red 998 Cooper from the late 60's that I occasionally saw. The 1071 Cooper s was gold dust.
Mine was a 998 clubman, with automatic lifting passenger seat when you braked too hard :D

Heh! They must have been an option, my '94 Tahiti had the same feature :lol:

I found another website... oh lordy. FOAD GF, no more presents for you anytime soon....

bootlid_pop_out.jpg

mk1_inner_pop_out.jpg

clubman_popout.jpg

giphy.gif

I've seen that clubman in the flesh and it is perfection! I'll have to try and find pics of my classic mini, i'm sure I have some somewhere. I know I've got the Mini Magazine it was in somewhere.

:lol: Sick, sick boy

My Mini was featured in an old Mini Mag because of the build is what I meant :lol:

I bought some more carbon :picardfp:

About £1k's worth.

Also having a chat with spooner about rocker covers. Shall be sorting that out when I'm back from my next trip aboard (leaving on Friday for a month). It should be looking dapper for JAE if I can get that dash installed.

Decided to go for the carbon rather than the ally doors, despite the weight saving being significantly less. Because carbon. Doors next.

Well rocker cover is off the cards... the b18cR I’ve purchased has a mint one 8)

In less positive news... gearbox is FUBAR. That final drive I bought is pony. Stevie will be having the box off for a 4th time.

I might just buy a Kaaz one and throw the Watson’s one in the bin. Doubt I’ll ever get a refund on it. Ratio isn’t as favourable but at least it’ll be lapped in (won’t whine) and you never know... might actually fit the gearbox properly.

For anyone interested the Watson’s is a 3.7. Kaaz do a 4.05 & the OEM was a 4.4.

Poor fitment by the sounds of it. They’re known to whine due not not being lapped together but it has also caused neutral to have drive and also caused 2nd gear to be difficult to engage. Stevie has had it on the lathe and given it a tickle. Forward gears now sorted but reverse isn’t playing ball. I’ve not had an answer on whether or not neutral is still wanting to move the car.

PITA. I can’t just go and buy another make of FD either, they don’t make them for an s9b. I’ll need a whole new box. There’s a recon s80 on eBay but it’s not cheap.

I've got a Kaaz diff in my FD2 which came highly recommended, not sure if that's any help or not but at least you know the brand is a good one.

Update:

Still at grinspeed. Stevie is sourcing a 4.05 from mfactory for it and a long 5th gear. Should roughly equal the revs from the current (****) 3.7FD and OEM 5th and give a bit of punch back into 1-4th.

The B18CR is in transit to grinspeed. Still undecided on ECU but it’s between a DTA and a Hondata S300. I’m leaning towards the S300, even though I don’t need half the functionality. Tried and tested and all that.

It’s also had some work done on the front end, new double springs & new top arms. Apparently the springs knock a little over big bumps but the spring rate is much better so I’ll live with that.

Hopefully get that done in the next month. Then it’s back home for a carbon dash install with my custom gauges & my carbon weezle goodies.

Carbon has started to arrive. Binnacle and switch panel from my two part dash

BEHLfK3.jpg

Went to have a look at the motor at grinspeed during the week too. Looks mint :D

Spoke to EFI about tuning and ECU’s. He said go Hondata S300, so I shall be ordering that in the next couple weeks.

Slow progress but progress nonetheless.

Edit: I also updated OP with current spec (or spec to be at least)

Had the afternoon off whilst the boiler engineer guy came round. (Boiler sorted)

I was bored. So I did this.

o8G46Ls.jpg

gIioeay.jpg

7HoobE2.jpg

jIlODxc.jpg

Didn’t mock it up to the mini first so knowing my luck it’ll be just enough off centre to drive me bat sh1t crazy.

Edit: you didn’t see the dodgy weave in the 3rd picture :picardfp:

... it was cheap!

Back