• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Injectors also purchased whilst I was at it. Turned out cheaper than the RDX option and they have a better rep. Win win.

jaZBYTs.png

Just paid the balance for my carbon panels (it was a 50% deposit at point of order). They're supposed to arrive next week whilst I'm off. Can't wait, gonna look ace & circa 10kg weight saving.

Had to call tegiwa up yesterday (thanks for pointing out that lead time John)... they were holding my order until the oil turned up. DAFUQ y0. Annoying I've missed the weekend to get the parts but should be here early doors next week at least.

On the road next week come hell or high water.

On 2nd thoughts, if high water I'll wait it out... fcuking thing will rust to bits :lol:

I’ve been at it all day and night.... lots of progress but some wiring still to figure out. Namely the dash clock lights.

Anyway, I’ve routed most of the new wiring ready for the clocks, only the tachometer feed to go. I’ve angle grinded the fcuk out of the main part of the dash to clear the steering column, ignition barrel and dash rail to make it fit. Then decided to get the gauges working before moving onto the gauge cluster section (that and my lack of foresight into ‘permanently’ affixing wires to gauges that would later need to be threaded through said cluster section). Seats and possibly the gear lever need to come out to fit that.

Dash part one test fit (#26):

pSAq8be.jpg

After finally getting that ‘right’ I noticed the doors wouldn’t shut. So I butchered the door opening handles with the loving touch of an angle grinder:

2JYMc0T.jpg

I’m going to crack it tomorrow, it’s close!

Fcuking booyar! Got the speedo and rev counter working and calibrated today!

I’m going the pub. That was stressful.

Rip it all out tomorrow and finish the dash fitting. Start again. Ain’t wiring brilliant! Not only that, I’ve got a oil filter sandwich plate to fit (I have the wrong fittings, unsurprisingly), water temp sensor to plumb and the inoperable fuel sender to wire in and fix. Not sure what to do about the sandwich plate. Buy a new one I guess, wiring and sensor are ready to go.

See, if this car was a Volvo, ahem **cough cough Karl!!** you’d have set fire to it a long time ago. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been off this week. I’ve spent the whole week fitting the dash. So much for ‘I’ll finish it tomorrow’.

Still not done. I thought I’d get it today but it’s been one thing after another. I was getting ready for the final glue fitting of the attachment brackets for the binnacle to the main dash. First bolting of the main dash was a fail - chowdered threads from me wrenching on badly positioned holes (brute force and ignorance). Tap and die set purchased. 1 thread out of 2 fixed. Final swaged fitting decided to spin in the hole.

Araldite applied blindly, I’ll hope and pray it holds tomorrow.

Fark sakes.

Still waiting on an oil pressure switch adaptor for the oil pressure take-off and vtec solenoid gaskets. Not many more parts can be thrown at this oil leak now...

Oh and I’m am not proud of my binnacle fitting. I fcuked it up something royal. I’ll have to buy another to fix it. It’ll be fine for now. Photos will be from catfish angles only :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
LC6EhUq.jpg

Almost done... just can’t get the sodding thing to shut with the new boot seal & relative flimsiness compared to the metal panel. Couple holes to drill for the numberplate too... although I am considering getting one printed as a sticker instead, old one is looking a little tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back