• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

I remember trying to bring in a non Jap car to JAE when I had my Saxo
Had to hand over £50 which was only refundable if I had the car back out the showground inside an hour (IIRC)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Full tubular front end is always an option H. It'll be costly, but it will add the safety you need. Then throw in door bars and a decent 6 point cage, it should make things a lot safer. It'll also stop the engine from kneecapping you should you have a front ender ;)

It's ALIVE! finally got my new radiator back from the welder, buttoned it up and wired the new fan in. Just got back from a short drive, one quick blast of 2nd gear vtec to scare some children (and myself)... It appears I've dropped a temp sensor somewhere or some wiring is dodgy because the new fan isn't kicking in yo. I don't know if it's the cooler weather or if the new radiator is better quality but I didn't get over 86 degrees on the drive, which was a nice surprise. I'm going to whip the old multi-meter out tomorrow and have a probe around... And try and figure out what the random flashing spanner means on the digital dash... He sure as fcuk didn't code in any fault codes so it's anyone's guess what it could mean :lol:

Oh... And if I can't figure it out I'm just going to hard wire the fan to a switch and have it manually operated. It's a bit hack but fcuk it :lol:

A manual fan seems like something you'd instantly regret on a daily.

Adds to the charm of this though.

As long as you have a good temp sensor and keep an eye on it, a manual switchable fan is t such a bad thing. My Yoshio Factory gauge is all electronic, I can programme in a running temp point and a higher temp point with a warning beep. As soon as it hits that point I just flick the fans on. A good Ali Rad usually cures you of ever needing to use the fans, but going sideways builds a lot of heat so it's helpful for those situations.

As long as you have a good temp sensor and keep an eye on it, a manual switchable fan is t such a bad thing. My Yoshio Factory gauge is all electronic, I can programme in a running temp point and a higher temp point with a warning beep. As soon as it hits that point I just flick the fans on. A good Ali Rad usually cures you of ever needing to use the fans, but going sideways builds a lot of heat so it's helpful for those situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the main temp sensor seems to be working just fine, just the fan switch or relay isn't doing it's job I think. Could just be a fuse. I'm about to get on it.

I guess at the worst you could wire it into the ignition so it's on the whole time the engine is running? A bit like the viscous fan on my Stagea (which I know isn't electric).

I'll pull a live from the ignition to a switch and then to the fan.

I never got around to fixing it yesterday... Decided to have a BBQ instead. Took it out for a drive before I got on the beer, decent run maybe half an hour. No overheating.

On the way back I heard a 'ping' noise and what sounded like a nut or bolt dropping down through the engine bay & the speedo now reads 0 MPH at all times.

Joy. :picardfp:

I guess at the worst you could wire it into the ignition so it's on the whole time the engine is running? A bit like the viscous fan on my Stagea (which I know isn't electric).

In winter that'd be brutal, car would take forever to reach operating temp, if ever (given it has an aluminium radiator).

Bit of an update...

***WARNING!!! Anyone with weak mental fortitude or photo sensitive epilepsy should avert their eyes from my garage carpet.WARNING!!!***

Couple pics from summer to remind you all what it looks like...

25350133057_4e386cfc43_z_d.jpg

28441496989_9bb90461ef_z_d.jpg

I spent this weekend clearning out the garage, no before pic as per usual for me... but here's the after pic (with a few last bits of rubbish to throw away just to ruin the pic).

25350156457_764d7a99ca_z_d.jpg

And I drove it into the garage for the first time with the door OPEN :lol:

Not much room to spare :\

39323090975_6938bd1ee9_z_d.jpg

+new tool box :D

40188321542_bc44b6b22b_z_d.jpg

(before I turned it around)...

28441875019_14a03f2272_z_d.jpg

And lastly, here's the shocking (pun intended) suspension set up... All looking like it could do with a bit of a refresh under there.

39323577595_4a9d087701_z_d.jpg

If you draw an imaginary line through the centre of the suspension shock toward the floor, that line should meet with the centre of the tyre to produce the best handling characteristics. As you can see, this imaginary line doesn't even touch the wheel, nevermind the centre :lol: I have everything required to fix it now, as well as the car being readily accessible now, I've no excuse not to get it done!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the carpet out of my front room when I bought the house... I cut it down and put it in my garage so I could roll around on the floor in a little more comfort. I'll get a proper floor put in when I do the garage extension.

Really??! 9 out of 10 people that see my carlpet are sick on it and you can’t even tell.

It also appears I made a new word in that picture post. I must have been caught in two minds because I both cleared and then cleaned my garage.... but I wrote “ clearning “ . Heh

Back