• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

I know, I know. Don't worry, ally doors, LW battery and carbon boot will be inbound this year to negate and further lose weight.

It's too loud now, it really is. Cruising is uncomfortably loud and blasting it is just outrageously so. I'm only going to dynamat the front bulkhead and maybe a little bit of the boot floor around the back box. I'll leave the underlay out and see how it is with just the main carpet.

For more boosts you could always cut the passenger bulkhead like I had to on my older Mini. You then create a box where the turbo sits. It does mean you have a weird turbo manifold, but it does work and has been done on a lot of Minis to get the wooshies and Unicorns ;)

B-series is intake manifold at the back though... so that might work for a charger. Problem is, that's currently where my ECU lives. To turbo one you have to have the turbo sticking out of the front, which looks silly IMO.

edit: Rubber bungs for floorpan, boot floor and scuttle panel now ordered + additional random spares in anticipation of new gauges arriving.

I just need the new dash now & some automotive wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hazz have you watched Project Binky on youtube ? They have been building a mini with a GT four engine and running gear, amazing although it has taken 5 years to date !!

Hazz have you watched Project Binky on youtube ? They have been building a mini with a GT four engine and running gear, amazing although it has taken 5 years to date !!

Indeed I have, I was there at the start! It's looking like it's almost ready to go soon!

Flashy as for engine in boot... NOPE. FDS. There's a few cool AWD minis using the B-series and a CRV diff (15% rear). That could be an option one day.

:lol: I can imagine the horror when attempting to press said horn in a moment of anger expecting an audible toot and instead receiving 50 extra horses.

Just picturing the conversation with the insurance company now.

"Wait, run the incident by me one more time."
"Well, I was cut up by said retard and in a fit of rage I punched the horn. Forgetting that I had recently installed nitrous, resulting in me accelerating into him at 65mph in a crash akin to a Destruction Derby best of compilation."

:lol:

Because ear bleedingly loud.

Wimp.

It'd just be nice to drive it without ear defenders on :lol:

In my trawl for dashboards I've found this for £240... I'm tempted...

10-17-0-1440-1080

I saw this when I was at grinspeed last year.

Both stevie and Dom were scared to test drive it on completion of their work. Mental is not the right word.

FLOL pussies! :lol: the clutch they put in is silly to be fair. It takes some thighs to operate with such a small pedal throw. Hopefully that’ll be somewhat better with an OEM clutch.

List is: fit oem clutch and pressure plate & resolve any clutch drag at idle issues.

Replace coil suspension springs with ‘OEM’ mini red dot rubber cones (harder rubber than oem)

Bleed brakes.

Bush bash bosh. Ready to sit in my garage all winter and wait for a **** tonne of parts to arrive from around the world... and for me to start swearing at my dashboard! Joy!

I'd rather the carbon one at twice the (initial) price myself.

As at £125 you've still got to get it prep'd and painted.

Karl makes a good point H! The carbon one is gonna look the t!ts, and it'll probably end up costing less once you factor in paint and prep. Get some nice fasteners for it, and it'll look fantastic ;)

Well, if I get this one I’ll probably get it flocked as he originally suggested. I’ve only enquired for now. I can see this one being easier to fit though...

Well, fcuk all of a reply from TDK. So they can do one.

I'm visiting another 16v mini owner a week on Saturday to have a chat and a rummage though his garage for spare parts. He's been building minis for 40 years and rarely threw anything away apparently.

So I'm going to have a look through a pile of retro dashes and see if anything takes my fancy. If nothing then I'll get that carbon one ordered. I'll see what other goodies I can find whilst I'm there. Door furniture, wheel centre caps, CFC panels etc.

Mini's still at Grinspeed. They've not touched it yet apparently, not a problem though. I did say I'm in no rush to get it back.

Back