• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strut Mounts/bearings quick question.

Hi everyone,

I'm aware I need to replace my front suspension top mounts (2005 EP3). The suspension has been lowered by a previous owner on Eibach springs 30mm.
My only question is, do I just need to replace the top mounts 'bearing rings' found just below the top mount itself or do I need to replace top mount and bearing ring together.
Thankyou for your time.

Stu

For this, I would said leave it to the garage to do? The spring is quite unsafe to do without a proper machine or right tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou, I may well use a garage simply because I haven't got much time spare at the moment but I don't think it's too difficult if I could get my hands on some spring compressors.
I'm interested to know though whether I need the actual triangular shaped top mounts as well as the bearing rings? It would be cheaper if I only required the bearings themselves.
Anyone fitted or had them replaced before?

Thanks
Stu

I would get the whole mounts both sides, I had a noise coming from mine changed both and they are fine now.

A friend of mine done them for me but I don't think they are too difficult to fit.

Back