• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Oil still looking black after service..

Faulty oil.....wow! :lol:

Can't stand it when you as a car person has to deal with non car people to get your car sorted!

Definitely not right. Even healthy K20's with considerable mileage won't turn the oil dark that quickly, let alone a new car.

Update.. went back today.. they changed the oil and filter with me spectating and as if by magic... golden oil!! :woot:

What was their explanation? If they stuck with faulty oil, never darken their door again....

I once had a car serviced before nearly buying where the apprentice was allowed to change the oil. He never refilled it after dropping the oil. How he didn't is beyond me. Service manager wouldn't believe me and sure enough when he checked, there was the old filter and crush washer sitting on the workbench beside an unopened bottle of oil. Still in disbelief he checked the camera and yep, car dropped and bonnet closed without refilling.

What was also concerning was their practice of putting a new filter on dry and empty...

What was their explanation? If they stuck with faulty oil, never darken their door again....

They had no explanation.. they just said that I should keep my eye on it. :smt102 On what I do not know.. oils clean now it's actually been done properly.. there's nothing to "keep an eye on" in my opinion.

They didn't even apologise or offer anything to compensate me having to go all the way back down there and use another Saturday when it was clearly their incompetence.

All they kept going on about was ringing me as soon as the Fk8 lands next month.

Also the amount of mess they left all over the engine bay and oil running down both sides of the bumper where they had obviously let it dripoff the dipstick.

This tells me they were either angry about me causing a fuss or they didn't change it in the 1st place.. either way :smt097

I love Honda and really don't want to be forced down the boring S3 / Golf R route but I shouldn't be getting stressed out over a basic service

My 1st one was a DC2 and since then I have alternated between BMW and Honda with the 330, Ep3 and my last car was an M3.

The M3 put me off BMW for life and so my 1st brand new car choice had to be Honda. Then the 1st time I have to use a dealership this happens.

Absolutely gutted.

If the dealer has a Facebook page then give them a negative review. I'm sure they will soon contact you to see how they can "put things right".

Faulty oil LOL

Back