• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I'm thinking of getting some Meiser R coilovers for my dc5

Personally, I wouldn't bother with either.

What's your budget? What are you using them for?

Look at Bilstein B14's if you're dead set on coilovers.

Depending on your current mods however I would advise camber arms, bolts and a set of Spoon or Eibach lowering springs, then refresh your suspension bushes, have your dampers looked at etc.

When I got the car I found out it had tein setup and been lowered I like the feel and ride. Some silly girl t boned me so need new set up. I'll check out those bilstein 14's ***. Thanks for the advice.

I had Meister R - Zeta R's on my EP3. They were very good for the money. I had no issues. Just remember to bladder them in copper slip so they don't seize.

Find some unbranded crap on eBay for £400 or less. Seems like a bargain, and probably the built in the same factory too.

Most of the cheap coilovers on eBay are the same as the branded ones that sell for a much higher price.

I've decided to get the yellow speed pro sport, they seem to be well priced and have heard good things about them

Ah. Yellow Speed, the ones my mate returned after a few weeks due to manufacturing defects.

I've heard good and bad about all manufacturers tbh. I don't really want to put ep3 ends on my car

Why not? It makes no difference at all. I run them on my track car as do plenty of other DC5 owners.

Personally I'd rather a decent brand with heritage and history, rather than kit made in Taiwan on a budget and shipped to the UK.

I know nothing about civics. What year is the ep3 so I can think about buying the bilsteins 14s? what springs and anything else I need. Pro tyre will be doing the fitting and set up

I live in bristol the Pro tyre here set up drift cars and track cars.I've taken all my cars there as they are really good. Im torn between meiserR zetas hear loads of good things.and obviously you seem to know alot about bilstein. I keep looking at the b14's they are nice but my pockets just ain't deep enough, I'd need nearly £1200 all in inc springs track rod ends etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back