• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I'm thinking of getting some Meiser R coilovers for my dc5

I know Jerrick will probably chime in at some point but unless you're getting the GT1, the rest are still built in a factory in Taiwan, just like the rest of the cheap stuff you see on eBay. The difference is a different lick of paint, some stickers and salesmen.

I prefer a brand to have some history and heritage, especially when it's something as important as suspension. I had D2 coilovers (another Taiwan special) and they started leaking after one year.

I'm with you Chris i like heritage aswell but my pocket can't afford it unfortunately. Clearly jerrick hasn't got anything sensible to say. Thanks for the advise chris

Find yourself some Spoon springs, Hardrace rear camber arms, Eibach front camber bolts and get it properly set up. It will be a better ride on the road, cheaper and just as good as the cheaper end of the coilovers in your budget.

I know Jerrick will probably chime in at some point but unless you're getting the GT1, the rest are still built in a factory in Taiwan, just like the rest of the cheap stuff you see on eBay. The difference is a different lick of paint, some stickers and salesmen.

I prefer a brand to have some history and heritage, especially when it's something as important as suspension. I had D2 coilovers (another Taiwan special) and they started leaking after one year.

Well, one thing I can assure you that the MeisterR ZetaCRD isn't the same as anything else with a different lick of paint.
For starter, locking collars were engineered by us and currently under UK patent pending status... so no one else in the world can use that collar design... unless they want to get sue.

Second, the damper valving of the ZetaCRD are engineered in house at our UK R&D workshop, and that mean it is different from everyone else on the market.
I can tell you exactly at what adjustment the damper reach critical damping force for the paired springs... i actually like to see any other brand offer that information (even brands with long pedigree).
This is why the ZetaCRD will ride nicer and perform better than other brands even at the same springs rate, and that is because the ZetaCRD damper are engineered under vehicle dynamic principle.

ZetaCRDdyno2.png

Finally, not all production factory are the same. Some are better than other, and we only use one with a very good quality control.
We spot test our suspension, and the tolerance are micron tight. I don't for a minute worry about the build quality or material on any MeisterR coilovers.

If you want to look at durability, the best car to look at is "The Ring Banana".
It is running on an off the shelf set of MeisterR ZetaCRD+ coilovers, same as what everyone buy from us.

This 500 Euros car is driven by a team of driver (including a professional GT4 driver) around the Nurburgring for a year setting lap time.
After a full year of beating at the Nurburgring, they take this car to Spain and COMPLETED a 24 hours endurance race at the Ascari race circuit.

24hr1.jpg

24hr2.jpg

The MeisterR coilovers is still on the car, and it is still kicking.
I like to see suspension with "heritage" at the same price point do the same thing... especially many will probably fail due to being a twin-tube construction.
I have seen twin-tube dampers fade from being used on 24 minutes track session, I highly doubt any of them will like to be used for 24 hours continuously.

Take the info as what you like, it is just additional info for your research.
Everything I said can be backed up, and it is just facts.

What is better or worst is one own opinion, and I'll always respect that.
But I have plenty of facts to back up that MeisterR is different from anything else on the market, because you can see it as soon as you throw a damper on the dyno.

Jerrick

Great info thanks jerrick. I have bought the crd+ just waiting to get get my car back from getting set up and can't wait to see how better my dc5 handles.

Great info thanks jerrick. I have bought the crd+ just waiting to get get my car back from getting set up and can't wait to see how better my dc5 handles.

Let us know how it goes, I am sure you won't be disappointed.
Especially on those track days, as the top end of the damping adjustment really make a huge difference in how the suspension work the tyres.
You will end up with much sharper steering response as well as better grip.

Jerrick

Finally bedded in the meisterR shocks and wow they perform really well. I've got the front dampers on 5...will put them up to 10 and see how they feel. Any ideas on dampening jerrick?

I was the same with my FN mate, the stock suspension is a joke.
After lusting for KW v3 but settling for a BC or Meister budget I got a set of CRD+ and they are spot on.

I run 20F 22R from hard on the road.
8F 10R on track but still need to fine tune this as may try harder settings.

Back