• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bucket Seats + Braided Lines

McR

Hey good people of this forum.

I would like to get some braided lines for my brakes + some better buckets seats.

I think the standard seats are ok for road use but there's not much lateral support if I were on a track day.

Any recommendations on either?

Oh and big brake kit - Megan Brembos - anyone done the swap ?

Thanks!

Goodridge braided hoses
Cobra Imola Pro seats. They are a little wider, but massively supportive.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a BBK, I would just get a pair of Spoon Monoblock callipers, Ferodo DS2500 pads, and OEM discs.

I've got goodRidge hoses as above and can't complain. For the seat support I've got a cg lock which locks the lower seat belt down and works really well.

I've got the megane brembo kit and I love it. The braking is so much more progressive and I was previously getting the brakes to fade, I don't get any of that now. They will work out loads cheaper than the spoon calipers and the consumables are cheap with the brembos, 350z discs and clio/megane pads. Very impressed for the money.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I've got the megane brembo kit and I love it. The braking is so much more progressive and I was previously getting the brakes to fade, I don't get any of that now. They will work out loads cheaper than the spoon calipers and the consumables are cheap with the brembos, 350z discs and clio/megane pads. Very impressed for the money.

Interesting, what's required to get this all fitted? Where do you get the bracket from suspension to caliper for the meganes? Are the 350z discs a direct replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a chap selling the kit on ctro, k systems pro I think he's called. The discs have a spigot ring adjuster that sits on the hub so they are a direct replacement yes.

He has a website but I think the forums are slightly cheaper.

Really pleased with mine. If you have any more questions just let me know.
a57c579ff70f4868dbf05e512ae5a2b0.jpg

I think he is a bit cheaper on the forum so might be worth sending an email to see if you can strike a deal.

Those are still good prices on the website!
Think a diff still has to come first though

I've seen the calipers for around £400/pair (granted, from Poland). I didn't imagine 350z discs are hugely expensive, so that leaves bolts, spigot rings and the brackets to add up to another £500 which does seem a bit much. Not huge in the scheme of big-brakes massive, but still quite a bit more than I was expecting when I asked.

I think they sell the fitting kit separately for 250 or 300, I can't remember what I've read now. I'm very happy with mine though. Can't fault it.

Back