• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Hi all,

So I've taken the plunge and ordered some goodies for the FK2 :) - please see list below:
- Remus Responder
- Milltek Decat
- Injen intake
- Forge intercooler (cancelled - Airtec Intercooler w/big boost pipes instead)
- Forge boost hoses (cancelled)
- DS2500 pads (Front)
- Motul brake fluid

The car already has a 3" Milltek Road+ Catback and K&N panel filter (which will probably be up for sale when I get the injen intake, if anyone is interested?). It's also booked in for a remap with TDI North on the 1st of Sept, so hoping to see 370+

Does anyone know if I need to order anything else (such as a BOV)? I use the car as a daily and want it to be reliable/safe!

Also, those who have fitted the remus responder, how easy it it to do? What tools do I need?

Thanks in advance,
Ash

** Quick edit, see comment below why

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine the standard recirculating vale will be up to the task, BOV if you want the sound.

Hi,
The car should be running well after all of that, bet you can't wait to get out in it! Can you tel the difference with the new front pads? I need to upgrade my breaks next and will probably start with pads and besides brake lines.
My FK2 is running 385bhp and the standard Atmospheric valve has been sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
The car should be running well after all of that, bet you can't wait to get out in it! Can you tel the difference with the new front pads? I need to upgrade my breaks next and will probably start with pads and besides brake lines.
My FK2 is running 385bhp and the standard Atmospheric valve has been sufficient.

Yea I'm very excited dude, I'm not sure as they've not been fitted yet... I went through a set of oem front pads in 2 months after doing a track day at castle combe!

What mods have you got to get those figures if you don't mind me asking? Do you think I should see similar power?

Thanks,
Ash

Yea I'm very excited dude, I'm not sure as they've not been fitted yet... I went through a set of oem front pads in 2 months after doing a track day at castle combe!

What mods have you got to get those figures if you don't mind me asking? Do you think I should see similar power?

Thanks,
Ash

Let me know how the lads are once you have trialled them for a while. Im desperate to try a track day soon so really need to look at upgrading the brakes.
I have the following mods;
- Dream Automotive de-cat
- Airtec Intercooler and boost pipes
- Remus Responder
- Eventuri Intake
- Stage 2 remap

That got the car to 385bhp and Dream Automotive recon the only reason it isn't at 400bhp is because it's running the standard exhaust. I have a J's Racing exhaust on order though so when that arrives I will do another dyno run. You have a similar list of mods so you should be around the same I would imagine, let me know once it's all on!

Let me know how the lads are once you have trialled them for a while. Im desperate to try a track day soon so really need to look at upgrading the brakes.
I have the following mods;
- Dream Automotive de-cat
- Airtec Intercooler and boost pipes
- Remus Responder
- Eventuri Intake
- Stage 2 remap

That got the car to 385bhp and Dream Automotive recon the only reason it isn't at 400bhp is because it's running the standard exhaust. I have a J's Racing exhaust on order though so when that arrives I will do another dyno run. You have a similar list of mods so you should be around the same I would imagine, let me know once it's all on!

Yea I think our figures will be similar... 400bhp would be nuts! I'd worry about clutch slip though!

You've got some good mods there, very expensive this tuning malarkey :D

I didn't even know Airtec did an intercooler, would you say it's better than a forge one?

Oh aye, I'll let you know about the brakes, I think my front discs might need replacing soon as well (car is on 17k)!

Yea I think our figures will be similar... 400bhp would be nuts! I'd worry about clutch slip though!

You've got some good mods there, very expensive this tuning malarkey :D

I didn't even know Airtec did an intercooler, would you say it's better than a forge one?

Oh aye, I'll let you know about the brakes, I think my front discs might need replacing soon as well (car is on 17k)!

It isn't half expensive! I started by looking online for an intake and next thing I know I had booked it in for an Intake, exhaust, Intercooler and remap all at once. Soon adds up, but definitely worth it!
I looked at the forge Intercooler but was advised to go with airtec for anything over 400bhp and I eventually want a hybrid turbo so it made sense to get the airtec.

I was worried about clutch slip as I used to have an Evo and that was the first thing to go once I upped the power, but I haven't had any issues at all with the FK2, standard clutch seems to be really strong.

Yeh let me know with the pads, I know Dream Automotive so some upgraded discs as well and also have a big brake kit on the way

It isn't half expensive! I started by looking online for an intake and next thing I know I had booked it in for an Intake, exhaust, Intercooler and remap all at once. Soon adds up, but definitely worth it!
I looked at the forge Intercooler but was advised to go with airtec for anything over 400bhp and I eventually want a hybrid turbo so it made sense to get the airtec.

I was worried about clutch slip as I used to have an Evo and that was the first thing to go once I upped the power, but I haven't had any issues at all with the FK2, standard clutch seems to be really strong.

Yeh let me know with the pads, I know Dream Automotive so some upgraded discs as well and also have a big brake kit on the way

Well I just made a change to the order, Dream advised me not to get the Forge Boost Pipes, so I have cancelled those and the Forge Intercooler and went for an Airtec Intercooler with the big boost pipes!

Should be getting a lot of parcels arriving at work next week lol

Well I just made a change to the order, Dream advised me not to get the Forge Boost Pipes, so I have cancelled those and the Forge Intercooler and went for an Airtec Intercooler with the big boost pipes!

Should be getting a lot of parcels arriving at work next week lol

Nice! I'm impressed with the Airtec Intercooler and really look the part as well. Just waiting for my exhaust on July 3rd and then I will start saving again for parts later in the year

Hi all,

Injen intake, ferodo ds2500s and RBF600 brake fluid arrived today...

Thought it would be a good idea to fit the intake (just wanted to hear the noise) and shortly after my oil temp gauge stops working (it was working after I initially had it fitted and was driving around).

98x0EXM.jpg

The oil level is fine, the car leaked a bit of coolant when removing one of the pipes, but I'm a bit gutted this has happened (Honda will just blame the intake no doubt :( ).

Car is running a bit lumpy with intake on, but I'll only be pootling to work and back until it gets mapped.

Back