• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Changing the final drive ratio

No actually, I was right. :lol:

Your driving. Speaking of the OP's driving style, not that he was driving in itself.

No actually, I was right. :lol:

Your driving. Speaking of the OP's driving style, not that he was driving in itself.

Touché!

The perspective I'm talking about is track driving and accelerating out of low speed corners. Of course I'd want to be as quick as possible. The car currently lacks grip out of low speed corners even with semi slicks but that'll be down to suspension (standard) and a lack of LSD.

Choice of final drive and gear ratios is all depending on the application.
EP3 standard has far too long legs but it was built as a road car. 5th gear gets to 140mph with a raised rev limiter. 6th is totally pointless on track. 5.1 is a good choice for a bit of both track and road. Pure track you want at least 5.3 or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would imagine it would be fine, I'm assuming it's from one that had/has a K series fitted and not an older one with a B series?

Now it's just a case of figuring out someone where I am who I can trust to do this work. Don't particularly want to go swapping this myself.

Would imagine it would be fine, I'm assuming it's from one that had/has a K series fitted and not an older one with a B series?
So it'd have to be a 2002 on petrol crv with a 2.0 k series? Not too clued up on crvs!

Does anyone know if the Honda CR-V 2006 - 2010 - 5.33 final drive would fit in the ep3 gearbox? I’m pretty sure it would be an exact fit but just checking if anyone has Done this? I’m just trying to save a few pennies instead of buying new. ( spoon 5.33 or genuine Honda 5.33) Cheers

I'm sure I've heard the spoon is just a rebranded Honda item from the crv.

I'd like a 5.33, I spose a crv box could be had fairly cheaply thinking about it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I'm sure I've heard the spoon is just a rebranded Honda item from the crv.

I'd like a 5.33, I spose a crv box could be had fairly cheaply:D thinking about it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought too. I’m going to start looking for some Honda CR-V 2006 onwards that are breaking and see if I can get a bargain final drive :lol:
Thanks for clarifying, I was thinking the spoon 5.3 is the same as the Honda 5.3
I will get on with my hunting now. Cheers Norv

Late to the party and definitely a thread necro but this may help someone who's looking to do the same. With a Spoon 5.3 final drive in my EP3 (stock bar intake and catback) the acceleration and engine response is a big improvement over stock. Downside is more gear changes to get up to speed and more noise / lower economy as the engine revs higher whilst cruising. 100% worth the performance improvement though.

Back