• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Main dealers greedy or just lazy

Decided to buy a FK2

Start the trawling of dealers in north of England this weekend but cant believe the difference in prices between dealers with 15 miles of each other. Exact same cars same year same mileage and a grand different in price

Can see if getting interesting the bartering

Do all the usual vehicle checks and most importantly check the car has 555 on it courtesy of the previous owner. You'll definitely be wanting that.

555 is the service pack Honda used to offer on the Type R. It cost the original owner £555 and is attached to the car, not the owner, so it remains with the car.

555 covers 5 years warranty, 5 years breakdown cover AND (the important bit) 5 YEARS SERVICING. FREE.

Not every second hand Type R you find will have 555 on it, not all original owners bought the option (if they were only planning on keeping the car for a few thousand miles, why bother) but it is priceless as servicing costs can be high.

Naturally, nearly new Type R's with 555 on it will be priced higher than Type R's without 555. Maybe thats why your seeing price differences. BUT, bottom line, its already payed for by the previous owner so why should you have to pay for it again.

Many thanks for the info. Yes I understand the 555 now Im new to honda's . Im only looking at cars with the 5 year service attached it makes total sense no brainer

car im visiting 1st is a 17 plate in red 1.1K on the clock main dealer 5 years service pack

Thats basically brand new at 1.1k, tyres should still be original and meaty. Its rare front tyres on a Type R last beyond 5000 miles.

Red paint was also free as it was the only colour that wasn't an optional extra so technically a red one should be cheaper than a white, blue, black, gray one of exactly same spec.

Never though about the colour cheers. Not bothered if colour is blue or red seem to be more red GT's were I live than blue

Good luck. It is inevitable if you drive one, your going to buy one. I wish you a dry weather day as it can be a handful to test drive in the wet.

Cheers. Yes deffo buying one. I think with new model coming out prices are dropping. Thats why I posted greedy main dealers. Some joker was trying to sell a FK2 GT model with no 555 for 30K lol.

ebay is full of classified ads for Type R’s with a few hundred miles on the clock going for anything from from 30k down to 27k...

This one in Bristol with only 700 miles on it...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Hond...550440?hash=item4b1a67b168:g:v54AAOSwKytZFoWa

When R’s get to 10k+ miles, the values easily dropped to 25k-26k.
The point is values are currently fluctuating wildly. All depends on the dealer.

Theres a lot of nearly new used examples around, most common used colours in the Honda network are Red or Black. I found finding my preferred Blue one or White ones is more difficult.

I thought the £555 was only the service plan? warranty and breakdown still 3 years?

When I bought from my local main dealer last summer I bought an ex demo and they matched the price of the cheapest blue car with similar miles from the Honda approved used site so have a look and show them what you have found.

I'm glad I went through Honda and not a private sale as I had a problem with the car and they exchanged it for a brand new car in any colour at a very good discount within my 30 day money back Honda policy.

For 3 weeks I had a red demo which looked great when clean, but in the end I chose blue again!

Hope the search goes well

Mike.

£555 is 5 years servicing only. I think there was an option for an extended breakdown and warranty cover, but that was just over £900 if bought with the car.

Back