• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Adding a Turbo to an EP3

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a turbo fitted to my EP3. Does anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at to get this done?

Thanks,

Josh

Pricing depends on where you go and if you want to buy a bolt on version and fit yourself or get your local garage etc to fit.

Personally I would go to the likes of TDI North for a custom job, that way it's drive in N/A then a few weeks later drive out turbocharged :evil:

Tdi North does the conversion for £8000 depending on turbo size, most parts are included except ECU like Hondata and catback exhaust system.

CPL Racing also do the conversion I would say for around the same price TBH, they also do a bolt on, diy version for around £5000 but again ECU/exhaust not included.

Rival motorsport also sell a bolt on version by Race-tech for around £3500 depending on turbo size etc again no ECU or exhaust included.

I would avoid cheap Ebay versions and personally I wouldn't bother with a bolt on version unless you knew someone totally competent to fit it and map it. Tdi North probably got the best reputation for this so I would be going there if it was me.

You will also need to factor in the cost of gearbox work like fitting a diff plus probably clutch. May want to look at some decent stopping power too like upgrading brakes. Depending on what you want it for you may also want to look at suspension, even internal engine work if you want to push some serious numbers lol. It all adds up quickly when you factor all this in unless you already have upgrades on the car.

Will be an epic conversion though, I'm sure members on here who have done this will be able to give you some more info.

I turbo'd my EP3, although it was a 1 off kit. Snooks post is excellent above. I loved mine, it was fast and stealthy, and I had a lot of fun. But EP3's are getting on now, and although they are a fantastic car, there are better and faster options on the market now, all dropping in price.

Something else you also need to consider is, you will never make your money back when you cash in. If you spend £8k, expect to get around 20% back. Seriously.

In all honesty, as much as I loved my EP3, I wouldnt do it again, not on your nelly.

there are better and faster options on the market now, all dropping in price.

Just to probe someone else's perspective on it, what other cars would you consider as an alternative? So much choice out there!

You didn't ask me but meh... IMO :p

R32 GTR
R33 GTR
S15
180SX
Mk1 impreza P1
Supra
Rx7
Mr2 turbo
Celica gt4

There are no others. I don't like evos... The tommy mac one was quite cool, I suppose.

With the exception of RX7s and MR2 Turbos, all the rest are appreciating ATM.

Just to probe someone else's perspective on it, what other cars would you consider as an alternative? So much choice out there!

Honestly, I dont know. There is too many options now. I do know if I was ever to go back to forced induction, it would be 4 wheel drive. That was the only real downfall to my Civic, plant your foot in 4th and it would start spinning, especially on wet roads.

It might be my old age kicking in , but I have found myself drawn to Audi's. In particular the A3 3.2 Quattro. Especially now decent ones can be had for less than £5k

It might be my old age kicking in , but I have found myself drawn to Audi's. In particular the A3 3.2 Quattro. Especially now decent ones can be had for less than £5k
All shout and no go. You're better off with a Golf GTI and a remap.

With the exception of RX7s and MR2 Turbos, all the rest are appreciating ATM.

Have you been looking regularly at these particular cars? I have and I have seen a considerable amount of reasonably priced Skylines, 180's, RX7's and others very recently. Some very decent spec cars for the price you would spend on an EP3 & Turbo

You won't find any cheap R32 and R33 GTRs. If they're cheap they're not a GTR.

Marks S15 tried to kill him on his drive to work and I don't fancy the parts search on then when they break or I break it. You can keep them thanks, not appealing.

RX7s I said with the exception of, so yes I'll agree with you on those. £4k refurb/rebuild bill on the rotary keeps the prices down on them! Plus they aren't that quick until you turbo them and then you're back at square one as far as this thread sits.

As per Lewis, something VAG with a smallish turbo I was thinking as an alternative.

WRXs and STis are climbing. Prices of the STi I had are silly ATM, never mind a tidy bug eye WRX.

If it was a second car and if the plan was to keep it for a massive amount of time I would turbo an EP3 (I have a soft spot for the EP's on my 3rd and still love it lol).

Maybe supercharging will be worth a look may work out a little cheaper than turbocharging.

There are other options if you want to leave the Evo's and Scooby's or anything Jap alone, as said VAG is probably the next best thing in terms of reliability, built quality etc.

Other options wouldn't appeal to me but you could look at Ford's or Vauxhalls, Focus ST's are going pretty cheap now as are VXR's not my cup of tea TBH but if you fancy something cheap and turbo always worth a look at these.

I hate French cars but you can pick up a few RS Meganes cheap too.

I'm a little biased though because I do have a passion for Jap cars, especially Honda (wouldn't be on here otherwise lol), I say if it ain't Jap it's crap :lol:

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a turbo fitted to my EP3. Does anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at to get this done?

Thanks,

Josh

Come for a drive in my VXR. You will love it and want one...guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do love my EP3 and it is tempting to get another car but I'm trying to save for a house etc. whilst developing my EP3 at the moment. Also, I don't think my dad would like me changing car so soon (African parent). He wasn't happy when I bought home the EP3 lol

I didn't expect the turbo's to be so much so I will explore other options. I want to get it running anything from 230-250BHP and that will suit me (for now).

Exhaust, header, intake and a remap should see you past 230, but again it is dyno dependant they all read differently. Before and after figures are where it is at.

Back