• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
My 9th Type R and 11th Honda, some might say I have an addiction. I had a number of small niggely faults with the DC5 and when the gearbox went it was the last straw. An opportunity to buy Mark's FD2 at a good price came up so I jumped at it and paid a deposit.

Here she is when I picked her up earlier:

28206809c03f60c6b0b8b084fa7f448e.jpg

It's a standard car apart from a Spoon baffled sump, Mugen grille, Mugen wind deflectors, 17" WedsSport alloys and Project Mu pads. It also has a nice Pioneer Apple CarPlay headhunt which is a breath of fresh air compared to the Android POC I have in the DC5.

I already have a Feels exhaust in the garage for it which I need to fit at some point as the car is too quiet for my liking. There's also FlashPro in the living room, Ohlins have been ordered along with a decat, then at some point I'll be fitting my Kaaz plated diff to it along with a new clutch (current one needs changing). I'm also looking at fitting my BBK to it as well as some new 18" wheels and AD08R tyres.

Out of the box it is an impressive machine, everything is just that little bit better than my modded DC5. It's just about as quick, feels more planted, the dash layout is nicer, better gearchange, I like the fact I don't have to look at the rev counter due to the VTEC lights etc. I'm sure there's more. So far so good.

Nice car mate... I like FDs personally strange why the separated the market with different models... Prob they though euro market was more focused on hot hatches imo.

As much as the car itself is better on handling and space I don't know if I could've justified the value for the money over the teg to be fair.

My cousin use to have the mugen RR but even he would never push it hard due to the value.

Nowadays I feel like the FK8 is more of a integra predecessor than the civics due to the size and layout.

Btw is there an arm rest and cruise control in it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Very nice. Good to know the diff survived too!

What was it that made a bid for freedom from the DC5 gearbox?

Nice car mate... I like FDs personally strange why the separated the market with different models... Prob they though euro market was more focused on hot hatches imo.

FN platform is built around torsion bar rear end, probably deemed to be a compromise too far for the home market.

FN platform is built around torsion bar rear end, probably deemed to be a compromise too far for the home market.
There were FN2s sold in Japan in very small numbers where it's known as the Type R Euro.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There were FN2s sold in Japan in very small numbers where it's known as the Type R Euro.

I thought they only started selling it because they stopped the production for FD2 due to emissions.

What I find even more strange is that the Accord 'Euro R' was only released in Asia even though it had Euro in it. Lol

I thought they only started selling it because they stopped the production for FD2 due to emissions.

What I find even more strange is that the Accord 'Euro R' was only released in Asia even though it had Euro in it. Lol

No it was sold there from the start of production. But it's an extremely rare niche car, almost like the FD2 here.

Looking forward to seeing how much you can do to it in the very little time you have left prior to Spa.

And pax laps. :twisted:

Did a 300 miles round trip to Devon yesterday. Few things I've discovered. It's much more comfortable on long drives compared to the DC5. The fact the steering wheel has reach and rake adjustment makes the seating position for me much more comfortable. It's also a nicer place to sit and with the headunit I have Apple Maps, Music and Deezer at my finger tips. Steering wheels controls would be nice, I wonder if it's possible to bodge the hybrid controls into it. The speedo reading being at the top makes it much easier to keep an eye on speed as well.

One thing though, the standard suspension really is quite ridiculous. Even the mrs mentioned it, something like 'it's rocky as fcuk, can't do anything' as she was trying to sort through her bag. :lol: Hopefully the Ohlins will sort this out. Also I can't put the rear seats down, I knew this, but I went to do a tip run on Monday and could only fit half the stuff in that I wanted to. Ah well.

Back