• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Still need to visit Caffeine & Machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a really good place to go to mate and not too far from you I believe. I’m going to make an effort to go more often. I might take the BMW up next time.

It’s a really good place to go to mate and not too far from you I believe. I’m going to make an effort to go more often. I might take the BMW up next time.

Yeah, Stratford is not too bad. Let me know when you go again and can always meet up with you there.

Or maybe even a little TRO meet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had the Toda exhaust on for two years and while it’s a great exhaust, it’s a little too much on the loud side for me and I always missed the sound of the RM01A I had on my DC5. Rather than buy a new one and then sell the Toda, I’ve been on the lookout for someone who fancied a direct swap. It’s only taken about 18 months but I saw a post on the FD2 group, jumped at the chance and arranged it all with someone who wanted something a bit louder. A direct swap was agreed which I think is fair. We both went to John's house to swap it all over... after I had to buy some jump leads to get the car started.

0634a79d9c724dffd49b5b5d2ed1fd72.jpg

I’m a happy man. I can’t feel any difference in power even though the b pipe looks a bit smaller compared to the Toda. If anything it feels a bit more potent but that’s probably BS and my head is lying to me to make me feel good. Either way, drone is significantly reduced and it’s lovely when I open the throttle, nice JDM rasp sort of sound but not too much. Just right for my ears. I’m a happy man and it was lovely to drive the car again after two months or so.

The FD2 is now back in the garage and probably won't move until next year.

Sounded lovely when you were blipping it mind. Might go Fuji on mine if it sounds similar on teg.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Very similar between the DC5 and FD2 mate. Charged and it’ll be lovely.

Hey Chris, loving the FD2, had a deposit down on one but the insurance was a deal breaker :(

Just out of interest, what is your routine when garaging as I'm probably going to do the same as I don't fancy tracking it in this wonderful weather! Do you use a cover? Disconnect the negative? Start it once a week? etc

Any advice would be appreciated

I just put it in the garage and hope it starts the next time I take it out. :lol:

However this time I'm going to disconnect the negative terminal and I'll probably SORN the car until March.

It’s had a service and MOT done today. The MOT wasn’t actually due for another few months I think due to Covid but I wanted to bring the date forward inline with the annual servicing. As you can see, it hasn’t done many miles since last April!

20fa1a8f93d80957ca41f3a2ea39ebd3.jpg

Most of that mileage is to the ‘Ring and back last summer and JAE this time last year.

Worst part about that is front pads low. Won't a new set cost about the same as the service?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Worst part about that is front pads low. Won't a new set cost about the same as the service?

Thankfully I have a spare set of XP12 in the garage, which I will fit before the next track day.

I'm sure they will do nicely. I've got xp8 or xp10 in mine and have been really pleased with them.

Back