• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Thanks chaps. As you can guess, I have the car back now. In fairness, I've only driven it the 70 odd mile home, however first impressions of the suspension is that the pillow ball top mounts are a little noisy! However the ride on the motorway is much improved. I haven't pushed it yet as I had the old suspension, calipers, discs etc were in the boot but I expect it will be fine. I'm more pleased about the ride on the motorway being much better and none of the rear end jitter the stock suspension suffers from.

The brakes feel good, exceptional really for the road. The real test will come at Castle Combe!

Oh the battery appeared to be knackered, it wasn't holding charge at all. I took it to Halfords today and it measured 6 volts and 10% of the supposed ampere hour rating. They were cool about it and replaced the battery, which has been fitted and the car now starts. I need to work out what to do to keep it charged really!

Do you not have a trickle charger Chris? Thought you’d got one? I used to simply disconnect the ground on the 32, that was good enough while I wasn’t using it. I suppose the FD will have more items with memory though, so that might be a ball ache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s only really the headunit, but it’s not that much of an issue. I do have a solar powered one but I’m unsure if the thing works!

Does look good the whole combo of parts! I really like how the Meister's behave on the road.

My Blue FD2

See, I do drive it.

458cd78ff309253fa21188b8f4c8fa93.jpg

Showed a Mk2 Focus ST a clean set of heels which was nice. I was slightly pulling away until a roundabout appeared and he struggled a little.

Looks good in the sun.

Not many people know how to go round corners it seems, catch far too many up in the Leon when talent goes out the window.

You thought about adding some coloured bolts in blue or red?

I've been getting pretty annoyed with the car recently, partly due to my own stupidity and partly due to the alarm/battery saga. After thinking about it, I'm fairly certain that the old siren unit drained the battery beyond hope, and since removing it I've been fighting with a battery that won't hold charge. After picking it up from TGM the other week, I put a new one on it and it's been fine ever since *touches wood*.

The other issue is the wrong size tyres I'd ordered and subsequently fitted - 245/40 R18. I knew I was pushing it with the extremely aggressive wheels, especially at the rear, but I was hopeful I could make it work with an arch roll and flare. So on went the new suspension complete with a pretty hefty -2 degrees rear camber. While I wasn't getting any rubbing at the rear on the way home from TGM, part of me knew that it would happen once the suspension loads up. With the car full up for JAE and the rear suspension on max, it was rubbing on big bumps and coming off at roundabouts; not only at the rear but sometimes at the front too. I have Castle Combe booked this Friday and I didn't want that to be a wasted session as I really need a shake down before Spa and the 'Ring at the end of the month, so I booked in for 225/45 R18 tyres this afternoon. I was expecting it to be a bit better, but there's a huge difference and thankfully due to AD08R having larger than average shoulders I haven't got a streched look.

This is what is was like before, as you can see, not much room at all!

Car loaded up in the rear:

251e51ed8ce13a4340faed140610a955.jpg

eac03901b877ea8f71d42e1b2d74db32.jpg

Car unloaded:

5404c0924298cd7da3b69ee6e6c96f7b.jpg

5c289d85f44b12418b4cafab68022904.jpg

225's fitted, you can clearly see that there's much more room!

ab01a52a758ac814593eb8c8937703c7.jpg

e46e6e11f55ba75442d925ba28e82ab7.jpg

e27a1124629e59c5facbe3c300c60410.jpg

53667806d24b41ec29b4f248c3feb93b.jpg

ec887749c135ffebc78504ff0b26af7b.jpg

I drove it back pretty quickly over speed bumps and no rubbing at all. Previously it would rub now and then even with no weight in the rear.

This will do for Castle Combe and Spa, then once that is done I may look at another track day or two.

Annoyingly the drop links are clattering around so need replacing, I said no to Honda as they wanted £250! So I've ordered some Hard Race ones instead for just under £100, they should hopefully arrive before Spa when I will get them changed out, inspect the rear arches for damage and also fit the facelift rear lights.

But how good did it look fully loaded though :swoon: Just slam it for one photo. Just for me xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's surprising how much of a difference a 225 tyre has made, didn't look like you could get a finger in the arch with the 245 fitted. Hopefully there will be no difference in handling from the tyre change when you take it around a track. Its a lovely looking car and the wheels set it off nicely

Back