• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

The brakes look awesome, as does the car! Any luck on the 18s as they’ll surely be needed?

The calipers are slimmer than the F50 4 pots but longer. There is a chance they'll fit under the wheels, but until I know the offsets for the discs I can't be sure. I hope that they'll fit under my 17" wheels because that means I won't have to buy some 18's, plus they're lighter and tyres are cheaper. :lol:

#9 is looking good Chris :cool:

Great results with the tweaks and upgrades, cracking improvement with the exhaust all the way through the revs too.

#9 is looking good Chris :cool:

Great results with the tweaks and upgrades, cracking improvement with the exhaust all the way through the revs too.

Cheers. I can't really tell on the road, but with it being so sodding cold I'm not keen on blasting around everywhere when I do drive it. I'm hoping I notice on track, because I could definitely tell it was struggling at high rpm.

Cheers. I can't really tell on the road, but with it being so sodding cold I'm not keen on blasting around everywhere when I do drive it. I'm hoping I notice on track, because I could definitely tell it was struggling at high rpm.

Fair point, take it steady in these temps Chris
There's going to be plenty of time to put it through its paces :D

Well it was wheel spinning in 4th on the M6 last weekend. :lol:

Only take it to about 6k or so as there really isn't enough road in these conditions to do more.

Only take it to about 6k or so as there really isn't enough road in these conditions to do more.

Can't say I ever found that problem :lol:

That might explain the incident with the roadworks on the Basingrad Ring Road though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, this time of year even with an LSD I just potter about as the car just doesn't have the grip and I can't be bothered working hard to keep it on the black top.

My Blue FD2

Some may have read, I’ve been having some issues with the battery going flat if the car has been left for some time. At first I thought it was an old battery so I had it replaced but that didn’t solve the problem. I think I’ve identified it as a faulty siren for the Clifford alarm. When the car is off I can hear a faint hiss coming from it, it appears to be a relatively common issue if you google it.

It had become a regular occurrence to use a battery booster whenever I needed to move the car due to lack of use. I’ve not long come back off a weeks holiday so went about the same routine. Only this time the alarm started to sound after the car turned over and I couldn’t shut the thing up. I gave up over the weekend as all my neighbours were home and I didn’t want to annoy them too much.

Last night after work, when most people weren’t home, armed with my Mrs and a pillow to muffle the alarm, I had the car running long enough it seems for me to have been able to turn it off and disarm the system. I chased the cabling into the car and I’ve found the Clifford box. I assumed it would be one single cable from the siren to the box which would be easy to replace, but it taps off into several ignition cables etc and all in a tight space. I’ve lost confidence in the alarm anyway so I’ve got a mobile fitter out today to discuss option.

I just love spending money on stuff like this!

I just love spending money on stuff like this!

I remember spending a good few days with my head under the dash of my prelude fixing the godawful wiring job performed by insurance-rated fitters :(

Check over what they do, in my case it was a complete bodge job. I had to ask the alarm maker for a wiring diagram so I could fix the mess.

Aftermarket alarms are arse. Best of luck.

That has long been the risk with Clifford alarms. When things go wrong they're a complete pig to deal with.

That has long been the risk with Clifford alarms. When things go wrong they're a complete pig to deal with.

The bloke never showed up. Prick. The wiring isn’t too bad. Tight, zip tied up etc. But I’ve removed the siren wiring loom now and ripped the siren out following instructions from another helpful company. Car now locks, unlocked and starts as it should.

Choice now is to order another siren unit (about £80) or replace the whole lot with a professional install for about £450 for a TOAD system.

I'm currently looking at ordering some wheels.

What do we think to the following options?

emt-t7r-1885-ahg-7_1.jpg

These are 18x8.5J ET43, so may cause some issues on the rear but I'd imagine should definitely clear my brakes.

Or these:

emt-kwm-18-gts-7-_1_-8.5.jpg

These are 18x8.5J ET47, so there should be minimal issues at the rear however they may not clear the brakes although I think they will.

I'm stuck with these colours due to UK stock, or, the second option in white which would look cool and different, but would be a pain to clean.

I reckon the former, but mostly because I've got a thing for the 7-spoke, and since yours is blue it's almost like the Subaru pairing in terms of colour, and that worked quite well. Not sure chrome would look that good, and as you say, white might be interesting but I doubt they'd stay that colour (and there's the concern about the offset).

Back