• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

I like both to be fair. Second wheel in bronze would be my choice of style and colour. Fitment is something I'm glad I don't have to think about.

I like bronze/gold wheels on blue cars so i'd have the first choice if the ET won't cause fouling.

Personally i wouldn't ever do white. I had snow white wheels on a previous car, used daily they needed cleaning daily. After a year the heat and brake dust made the wheels go Off White and they needed refurbing.

They both look crap. Get some original FD2 wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input.

FD2 wheels won't clear the brakes and they aren't wide enough to run the tyres I eventually want to.

Well I’ve just ordered the second set in Silver. I’m about 90% sure that they’ll fit and clear the calipers and not foul the arches too much. I’ve just been getting sick and tired trying to find the right wheel. If they don’t fit, well, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I’m just hoping UK stock actually means UK stock!

Well I’ve just ordered the second set in Silver. I’m about 90% sure that they’ll fit and clear the calipers and not foul the arches too much. I’ve just been getting sick and tired trying to find the right wheel. If they don’t fit, well, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

There was always a certain someone you could have asked for advice on wheel fitment, then you could start stock piling your garage too

Usually does, I ordered a set of wheels recently and they emailed to offer me some UK stock but a different ET to what I had specified. While I appreciate the thought it was a touch annoying that they hadn't considered the difference meant the wheels wouldn't actually fit :rolleyes:

Personally I'd have opted for the first set and just rolled the rear arches if necessary; but then, it isn't my car. And the second set aren't exactly horrid to behold!

The second set may need a roll. I’ll find out next week! I think I’d have preferred the first ones as well as it’s a similar look to OEM, but they’re just too aggressive for the rear of the car.

What tyre size are you running? I had 235's on the RE30s (ET52) so if you're on stock tyre size it will help.

What tyre size are you running? I had 235's on the RE30s (ET52) so if you're on stock tyre size it will help.

I’m going to see how a set of 225/40 are first then try and go to 245 on the front depending on room.

Do you need tyres or have you already purchased some with the wheels? As I'll be taking my AD08R's off soon to make way for something in a smaller width to see if I can negate the need to cut my arches out.

After being cocked around by Ohlins with constant movement to the right in terms of delivery, I cancelled the order and have been looking into different options since. While the stock suspension is fantastic on circuit, it isn’t the greatest on the road. The rear feels over damped and under sprung, the result is an extremely bouncy ride.

Today I finally decided to order some MeisterR GT1’s. I’ve been pretty vocal about suspension brought into the UK and then sold with markup before, however GT1’s are UK made in conjunction with BAD who have long history of producing suspension. I also went out with Kevin at Castle Combe with his car on GT1’s and I was hugely impressed. He previously had JDM Ohlins as well as Yellowspeed and he highly rates the GT1’s.

MeisterR are currently developing a new piston for the GT1’s and prices are going to increase to reflect this. Jerrick has honoured the current price and will be sending me the new improved GT1 coilovers in 4-5 weeks (estimated).

All I need now is rear camber arms and the car is pretty much where I want it.

SPC Camber arms and fabricate your own arm for the healight adjusters. :smt023

Oooooh nice! Be interested to hear what you think of them once you've got them on and some use out of them. Looking at Meister for the track car too and I've acquired the same for the Stagea. Used them before so I'm in a comfort zone with them.

Oooooh nice! Be interested to hear what you think of them once you've got them on and some use out of them. Looking at Meister for the track car too and I've acquired the same for the Stagea. Used them before so I'm in a comfort zone with them.

I hope to have them on by the end of May. I like the fact that if I were to have any issues I can message Jerrick direct rather than going through resellers and what not.

Back