• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

I hope to have them on by the end of May. I like the fact that if I were to have any issues I can message Jerrick direct rather than going through resellers and what not.
They do seem to provide a good customer service. I was in contact with them about buying some units second hand and they were happy to guide me through what to check etc to ensure they'd be okay before fitting etc.

Jerrick has said that the new components of the GT1 will put them in the same league as Penske. That’s quite a bold statement to make, we shall see.

Couple of pics today at the Cray reservoir.

26331199cce25def6d4dc2cbba81b8e0.jpg

bbc41ebae36a96237d17c9083e684066.jpg

It was bloody freezing! Took the long route to visit my mum South Wales. Some lovely roads and reminded me of how capable the car is.

My Blue FD2

Got the new wheels fitted. I screwed up the order and got 245 section tyres instead of 225. Oops. It’s quite tight at the back but no rubbing so far, although I do get a little on the inside front at full lock. Some camber should give me peace of mind. Love the wheels and the way it’s now sitting. Also loads of caliper clearance, I can fit my hand in between the caliper and inside spoke so should be fine for the new kit. I recon around an inch at least.

8a5665a7f80cb43e3afadb6bfdaeda3e.jpg

50ddb3e6f4f3e185102ad3b08fa6a48a.jpg

3f3b56017fcf98f99e81c2842709b37a.jpg

de4dcca3f60373632e0176eca64c5d13.jpg

8f89e4034c305d78fa140732737ea50a.jpg

80ceb39ea1494cad1c0eb7a5035cba6d.jpg

I’m happy that I went with silver, not that I had much choice.

You made the right choice with the wheels, Mark Partington had the same but in bronze on his championship white FD, look superb to my eyes.

Cheers. With the old wheels in the back, if I wasn't cautious then it catches the arch slightly over speed bumps. The fronts also catch on full lock, looking at it, it's the arch liner so not much of an issue as the liner will wear down slightly (it's surprisingly thick) as will the tyre. Still going to get rear camber arms and front bolts to try and tuck them in more. When the rears eventually wear down I'll replace them with 225/40 and keep the fronts the same. Just have to see how it goes, track will be the ultimate test.

Had a quick run with no wheels in the car and didn't seem to catch anymore.

Decent!

Yours has more poke on the rear than mine did and that used to catch when driven enthusiastically, until I ended up with about 2.5 deg -ve camber to combat it.

Looks great and at least it's okay with the wider tyres than you had wanted to put on! Can only get better really.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm under no illusion that it's going to cause issues when pressing on. So I'll be ordering Eibach camber kit for front and rear, I've also been in touch with Arch Enemy to see if they'll cover my area.

Back