• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

If you try weight loss pills and look, the older version has a more rounded section for the brake lights. The newer version is slightly more squared.

Yeah, the difference is very minor. I actually prefer the new look. They could square the lights up even more if they wanted to, for my taste at least.

Last edited:
Ok now I see it. yeah slightly nicer.
Thanks

Wow. Can't believe you couldn't see the difference??

nJK4fOz.gif

A few pics from Spa, it did dry up albeit at the very end of the day. The car was flawless.

I'm thinking about getting the steering wheel done by Royal Steering Wheels. I'm not sure I like the look of an alcantara wheel so I'm probably going to go with perforated leather. Ordinarily I'd get red stitching because sports car, but the car is blue so I'm not sure if it would look stupid? Or blue and red, or is that too much BMW M like?

I don't think it'll look out of place with red stitching. There's plenty of red in the interior, right? Plus it's a red H so red can't be out of place, can it?! Alcantara wheels are horrible after a couple of years use, you're making the right choice with leather. I'd go solid though, personally. Just because the perforations collect the human schmoo from your dirty d1ck beaters.

There's red stitching on the interior, so it needs to match that. More so if you have black/red interior rather than plain black.

I'll get red done, then. I think I will stick with perforated, I don't like the look of solid. Cheers lads.

6899a80cfad04fd66d48449254ddac5b.jpg

Not the best pic, but this is one with red stitching in my old car. Personally I don’t think it’d be out of place, you presumably have red bits on the seats and the H on the steering wheel?

Yeah, plus all the dials etc are red. When I eventually put a Recaro Pole Position in there, I could always get red ones too. :lol:

Silverstone yesterday:

2mhlVRJ.jpg

Although I think that's Tom (TGM) driving looking at the helmet.

My Blue FD2

I drove it beyond a mile today for the first time since November. It's been tucked up in the garage with the battery out, so I charged it a few days ago and fitted it earlier today. After driving the Focus and lately the BMW, it's quite a shock getting behind the wheel. Refinement? No. Rattle free? No, don't be silly. Comfy? Ish with the dampers set to low.

I laughed a little when I first floored it. The noise is glorious and the throttle response is wonderful. I thought the BMW felt NA but now I get it when people say they can still tell.

Then there's the turn in. The BMW likes to understeer, for safety I guess so people don't spin them. When you turn it in and give it some throttle, the BMW comes a little unsettled and there's a bit of traction control light flickering and you can feel the yaw movement under you if you're being an idiot. I like the way that feels. The Civic however just grips more and aggressively so. You can tell the chassis wants more while in the BMW you can tell it's not quite a full fat M car. It's brilliant. Really looking forward to Spa.

825e3f69e46a161590bebe0a5a7f01c6.jpg

And tucked away again.

f5a90faa57e3e452a13241a96596a380.jpg

I haven't updated this since Spa, I thought I had. :lol:

The car was faultless throughout. It managed about 37 mpg on the way to Folkestone although the drive to Spa was a little worse as I was averaging a higher speed once I was out of the speed trap zones. Still managed it on 3/4 of a tank though so not too bad.

I don't have any pictures of it on track on my phone so here's what I've got. I'll add some later although they don't look too dissimilar to what I've posted on previous trips, although less rain thankfully.

Cooling down in the pits. Yes, my engine bay is a mess, sorry car clean freaks.

5b0e13b4-9d13-4a24-a1a6-dae253e15b64.jpg

After Spa the mrs and I went to Gent for the weekend, lovely place, lots was drunk. In no particular order.

IMG-2142.jpg

0-F274991-E6-C7-45-E4-8-FC5-C784-A63-B1-C72.jpg

IMG-2154.jpg

IMG-2157.jpg

IMG-2167.jpg

Tucked up back home.

IMG-2183.jpg

After a long chat with Rich at PA when it had its MOT done, rather than faff about with the suspension which is what I was going to do, I'm going to invest in a proper seat and maybe harness. I had assumed there's too much body roll, but what's actually happening is the car is cornering faster than the standard seat can cope with, so I need something to keep me pinned into it. I was going around Pouhon with one hand on the wheel and the other on the door trying to keep me upright. :lol:

Needless to say the performance at Spa was great and I got a few comments from other drivers with faster machinery saying that it goes very well.

Back